Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to change country of residence

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jennifer H Member Since: Apr 30, 2012
81 of 125

No problem. I'm not sure about that, oDesk seems to be changing a lot on the site.

I have been a member for over two years and I was asked to verify my phone number by text yesterday, when I've never been asked to do that in the last two years.

Because there has been a lot of fraud recently, I think they are going through extra security measures, so I would just call and see what a rep says. You should be able to get in touch with someone over the phone, immediately.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
82 of 125

Hi everyone!

I've changed my country/residence about 15 months ago and didn't have a problem. I simply contacted support and they asked me to send proof. I'm not sure if I remember it right but I think I sent my passport photo and proof of billing address. Sometimes they would ask you to verify your phone instead (happened to a friend). It's really a fast process. Mine took only a matter of minutes Smiley Happy

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Highlighted
Alex Lane S Member Since: Jan 2, 2015
83 of 125

Good day! 

I am new in Odesk and I suddenly have to go back to the Philippines. When I created my account in Odesk, I am still in Philadelphia. How will I contact support and change my location? Please help me and thank you very much! 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
84 of 125

Just tell people you live in "Philly".

That works for both places. Problem solved.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
85 of 125

Hi Alex Lane,

You can edit your location in your User Settings. You may need to complete an ID verification once you send the request to change your location. oDesk Team will inform you about further steps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Marvin G Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
86 of 125

Hello, how do I actually change my country? I was at school in the U.S but now am back in Africa, I see there is a contact customer support but I don't know how to actually get in touch with them.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
87 of 125

Off-topic: Just a reminder: A lot of websites have more links in the footer of each page than in the header. For instance, here in the oDesk Communiity, the footer includes a link to Contact & Support https://support.odesk.com/ (See the footer, left-hand column under "Company Info").

Ron aka LanWanMan
Reza K Member Since: Oct 31, 2016
88 of 125

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
89 of 125

Hi Reza, 

I had to edit your post because it violated the Upwork Community Guidelines - posting in a language other than English. You are welcome to reply on threads, or start a new topic on the different boards but please be mindful of the guidelines. 

Let us know if you were going through any specific issue, and we'd be happy to help. Welcome to the Community!

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Anda Z Member Since: Apr 15, 2018
90 of 125

Hello!

I can't change my country from United Kingdom to Latvia.

I logged in Upwork first time from United Kingdom, but didn't finish my profile there. Now I live in Latvia and can't finish my profile and send it for consideration because I can't change country.

Thank you!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS