🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to change name
Page options
ap_y
Community Member

How to change name

Hello, 

I have recently changed my last name and would like my verified name to reflect the same. How do I go about this? Would directly changing it in settings do or will I be penalized with an account hold-up? Account hold-up is my main concern, as I have open projects that I am working on

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Apoorva,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It’s simple to keep your profile name up-to-date, but you do need to follow a few guidelinesTo change your name, go to Settings > Contact Info and click on the Edit button to edit your name. 

If your profile name does not meet these guidelines, we may restrict your account until you change it. We may also request supporting documentation to verify your identity.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Apoorva,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It’s simple to keep your profile name up-to-date, but you do need to follow a few guidelinesTo change your name, go to Settings > Contact Info and click on the Edit button to edit your name. 

If your profile name does not meet these guidelines, we may restrict your account until you change it. We may also request supporting documentation to verify your identity.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members