🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Adjust cover letter after submitting proposal
Page options
476221ac
Community Member

Adjust cover letter after submitting proposal

I would like to adjust my cover letter (e.g. adding an attachment) after submitting my proposal, but it seems impossible to do. Can you please add this capability?

6 REPLIES 6
yofazza
Community Member

That feature would be convenient for freelancers but I can imagine not for the client when they may need to check 'adjusted' proposals after receiving 50+ of them.

tarrier-design
Community Member

Unfortunatley not possible, and as Radia L says above, that would make it hard for the client. 

But, I would think if there is a 30 minute to 1 hour time limit to do so, it would be ok. I have sometimes hit send, or mistakenly hit send and realised I forgot to add examples, or a paragraph of text I wanted to say and so on... it happens. 

I know I cant change it, so just move on and hopefully have the proposal 100% when hitting send... hopefully. LOL

celgins
Community Member

It would be an interesting function to add. Upwork could "spool" or queue your proposal for 30 minutes prior to making it visible to clients. Once the proposal becomes visible to clients, it is no longer editable. Within the 30-minute queue window, the freelancer can edit the proposal, which means it gets queued again after any edits.

This way, the client would not be inundated with multiple, edited proposals from a freelancer; the client will only see one proposal, whether or not it was edited. And, it would be in the best interest of the freelancer to refrain from making too many (or any) edits as this will continuously delay the proposal.

If I put my "techie" hat on for a minute, I'm trying to determine if the 30-minute queuing would cause memory or buffer problems server-side. I guess it could cause buffering issues if a freelancer keeps editing their proposal and the proposal remains in a perpetual or continuous state.

yofazza
Community Member

It won't technically be a problem, simply 'hide' the proposal until a time that was set during the submit (+30 mins). I've worked with similar setups a few times. 'Delayed submit', similar with the 'Submit Work for Payment' button isn't it?

We sometimes see ideas that (in our opinion) are good, but they're not implemented. I think they have 'priorities', and making it easier for the freelancers are at the bottom of those priorities. Remember, we're unlimited and expendable 😁

celgins
Community Member

I oftentimes assume (and I shouldn't) that Upwork's developers have already considered most of these ideas. Maybe they have or haven't, but feelancer accomodations are definitely at the bottom of the list of priorities. 😀

But like you said, this functionality shouldn't be much different from some already implemented "delay" functions.

While I like the idea, I think it would cause issues with boosted proposals, and adding a delay for a client to getting a response to their job add isn't really a good thing.  Clients, I'm sure, would prefer to get proposals in as soon as possible, not with a 30 minute delay so they can start reviewing and selecting candidates to interview.  It would also undermine freelancers that are quick to respond with the "correct" proposal.  It really is a up to freelancers to check everything before they hit send, don't get me wrong, I've had it happen to me as well.

I wouldn't want to post a job on a freelance site and then walk away for 30 minutes to finally receive responses.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members