🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to change residence from US while creatin...
Page options
98d174a9
Community Member

How to change residence from US while creating profile?

Greetings everyone,

I am currently trying to create profile on the site and faced a problem. On the 9th step of profile creation, I am asked to specify location, but I can not change my country from US. I currently live in Israel, and I am fairly certain that I have not mentioned in any way that I live in US. I have even redone profile from scratch, to make sure I did not clicked anything that says otherwise. 

From other posts in this community I assumed that you can work any country, but I am confused about how you should approach this step. I did not manage to contact anyone human-like through support.upwork, so trying here. Thank you in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Boris,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jr-translation
Community Member

Boris M wrote:

Greetings everyone,

I am currently trying to create profile on the site and faced a problem. On the 9th step of profile creation, I am asked to specify location, but I can not change my country from US. I currently live in Israel, and I am fairly certain that I have not mentioned in any way that I live in US. I have even redone profile from scratch, to make sure I did not clicked anything that says otherwise. 

From other posts in this community I assumed that you can work any country, but I am confused about how you should approach this step. I did not manage to contact anyone human-like through support.upwork, so trying here. Thank you in advance!

Your profile is set to Israel.

Perhaps, but this is how my "Location" step looks like (attached file). I can not change it by posting my index or adress.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Boris,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Here's attached screenshot of what I see. I tried to type in index and adress, but nothing changed. I am pretty sure that I am not running any proxy to change my ip.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members