cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to end a contract without giving feedback?

Community Guru
Rafsun S Member Since: Feb 10, 2018
1 of 7

Hello Upwork Experts, 

Take my best regards. It would be very helpful if someone could tell me that is there any way to end a contract without giving Feedback to the client? 

I have successfully completed two videos of a client and she was very happy with that but after that, the contract had suspended for long time! I have messaged her several times to end the contract before suspension. Also I have mesaged her many times to end the contract after suspension! But she is not totally responding my message! I want to end the contract but I don't want to give her a feedback, I also don't want to give her a negative feedback and I am sure that I will also not recieve any feedback from her for the contract! I am not getting a way to end the contract without giving feedback. But I have seen many contracts without giving feedback from the both sides in many clients job history. Could any one please help me out!

Thanks in advance!

RAFSUN SAZID

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 7

No,the person who ends the contract must leave feedback.

Why are you so reluctant to leave honest feedback?

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 7

Thanks Tiffany for your reply! 

I have seen many job without giving feedback from both (clients and freelancers) in many clients job history. Please see the screenshot. My question is how this happened and this is very common! How come those contacted ended without giving feedback from both sides!   Capture.JPG

Yes, definitely I want to leave an honest feedback to her. It was a satisfaction when we worked together! But when the contract was suspended from more than two months and I am not getting any response from her, It is not feeling good to me and this suspended contract might effects on my JSS! I had never ended any contract before! Usually, the client did always. But this time, I had to end this contract! And to me, the honest feedback would be "No Feedback", if I could do this! And if there is no option to end the contract without giving feedback, then how come those jobs ended with "No Feedback Given" from both sides? 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
4 of 7

Tiffany is right.

Those contracts where there is no feedback showing from both sides are either not closed long enough (feedback shows when both parties have left feedback (!) or 14 days have passed) or when a contract has been idle for 90 days with funds in Escrow (!) and Upwork closed the contract for inactivity (which only happens if funds are in Escrow and it has been idle for 90 days.)

At any time one party ends a contract, that party must leave feedback, as Tiffany said. There is no way around it.

Rafsun S wrote:But when the contract was suspended from more than two months and I am not getting any response from her, It is not feeling good to me and this suspended contract might effects on my JSS!

it will not and does not have any effect on your JSS. Provided (some) money was paid under the contract and you don't have a sackful such contracts it has no effect, open or closed.

And contracts with suspended clients are excluded from the JSS calculation anyway.

Community Guru
5 of 7

Thanks Petra,

Really appreciate that. I am now clear on "No Feedback Given" and also thanks for informing about "no effects" on JSS of a suspended contract . thanks!

Ace Contributor
Karen B Member Since: Apr 12, 2019
6 of 7

If the client is the one who ended the contract (because job completed), does the feedback always have to be public feedback, or can she just leave private feedback?

Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
7 of 7

Hi Karen,

When a client closes a contract they will be prompted to leave both public and private feedback. Please see help article.

Public – Comments and star ratings that are shown on the freelancer’s Work History. Requires minimum net contract payment of $1 to be visible.
Private – Used by Upwork to assess the freelancer’s Job Success. This is an opportunity to provide information to Upwork that you may feel uncomfortable sharing publicly.

Let me know if there's anything else.

~ Riri
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS