🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to enter total hours for a time period af...
Page options
artavila
Community Member

How to enter total hours for a time period after project is completed

Hello, I'm new to Upwork and I just completed a project and the client has approved the total number of hours. He approved manual time and I thought that I could submit the entire hours once a project was completed and the hours were approved. I can't find where to do that and the number of hours are 64.5. Can someone guide me through that process? Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A very good client, he just sent the bonus payment. Preston, thanks again for your guidance, have a great week!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Art:

I hope you never do this again.

This is not what Upwork intends you to do.

Also, because of the way you are doing this, the client could choose to not pay you at all.

At this time, you have two options:

Simply multiply your hours by your hourly rate, and ask the client to pay you that amount as a bonus payment.

Or go to the work diary and add time segments corresponding to when you worked.

Thank you Preston for the advice. I've had many regular clients for many years and we work on fixed price projects and I invoice either by milestone or at the end which is never a problem. 

Thankfully, this client is very reputable and was great to work with so I'm sure there won't be any issue with payment

I will ask him about the bonus payment option but can you clarify the time segments option? Another option I thought of is to break up the 64.5 hours and manually enter hours the next 4 to 5 days... is that a workable option as well?

re: "I will ask him about the bonus payment option but can you clarify the time segments option?"

This morning you worked from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.

Go to your work diary, click the plus icon, add two hours of work, from 8 a.M. to 10 a.m.

That is what you are SUPPOSED to do.

re: "Another option I thought of is to break up the 64.5 hours and manually enter hours the next 4 to 5 days... is that a workable option as well?"

Yes, that will also work.

Thanks. The client just replied and said he removed the weekly hours limit but it looks like I still have to enter hours daily.

I'll ask him about the bonus payment option and if not, he'll be good if I break it up into the next 4 to 5 days.

A very good client, he just sent the bonus payment. Preston, thanks again for your guidance, have a great week!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members