🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to secure a Contract - Ways to get your j...
Page options
shafique84
Community Member

How to secure a Contract - Ways to get your job.

Hello Freelancers,

I am a WordPress developer and Top rated frelancer as well. However in last 5 days I applied on 40 jobs. 

But I never got any reply and still waiting. 

While bidding, I start with that what client wants, How I will solve his problem , and my portfolio. then CTA at the end.

But no response yet. 

Your tips will be appericiated. 

I've JSS of 90%, is that thing making an issue?

Thankyou In Advance #HappyFreelancing

7 REPLIES 7
pudingstudio
Community Member

Atiq U wrote:

Hello Freelancers,

I am a WordPress developer and Top rated frelancer as well. However in last 5 days I applied on 40 jobs. 

But I never got any reply and still waiting. 

While bidding, I start with that what client wants, How I will solve his problem , and my portfolio. then CTA at the end.

But no response yet. 

Your tips will be appericiated. 

I've JSS of 90%, is that thing making an issue?

40 sounds like a lot... Did you really wanted to work on all of those jobs? Or, were those jobs you only knew/thought you CAN do?

Take your time, be patient.

Don't panic.

Take your time, revise the jobs you MIGHT be interested in. Find ones you KNOW you are (interested in).

Don't panic.

Take your time, no need to apply for ALL the jobs.

Do you have any advice for us (fellow freelancers) ? Any insight will surely be appreciated.

Antun M wrote:

40 sounds like a lot... Did you really wanted to work on all of those jobs? Or, were those jobs you only knew/thought you CAN do?

Don't panic.

Take your time, revise the jobs you MIGHT be interested in. Find ones you KNOW you are (interested in).

Don't panic.

Do you have any advice for us (fellow freelancers) ? Any insight will surely be appreciated.

Hello Antun, I applied on the jobs I perfectly can do without any issue. 

Obviously If I get a response from many of them, I will simply accept only few. But problem is, I am not getting buyer response on my bids. 

Yes you're right, I should have patience and I have. But I am submitting this discussion If maybe I am doing something wrong on my profile? 

Can you review it and let me know If you see any issue? 

and The only tips I gave to fellow freelancers that Don't apply without understanding and reading complete job, and 2nd: When you do commitment, complete it. 

Maybe there's so much competition now, and no of freelancers offer low rates and clients choose them. 

Atiq U wrote:

Antun M wrote:

Don't panic.

Don't panic.

Hello Antun, I applied on the jobs I perfectly can do without any issue. 

Obviously If I get a response from many of them, I will simply accept only few. But problem is, I am not getting buyer response on my bids. 

Yes you're right, I should have patience and I have. But I am submitting this discussion If maybe I am doing something wrong on my profile? 

Can you review it and let me know If you see any issue? 

and The only tips I gave to fellow freelancers that Don't apply without understanding and reading complete job, and 2nd: When you do commitment, complete it. 

Maybe there's so much competition now, and no of freelancers offer low rates and clients choose them. 

Unfortunately, don't have a 'success formula' to share with you.
We're in the same boat. We keep climbing, some days aren't as good as.

Might just be a bad couple of days for you.
Most of us have those. They pass.

Maybe on Monday, you'll get many responses from all those the clients.
Maybe not.

If you're giving your best, keep pushing.
If you're not (not accusing you!), you will always be unsatisfied.

Yours are good advices. Kudos!

You're right exactly. Life is with both good and bad days. My last months were awesome. Then i was on vacations due to exams and some kind of tour. 

It'll take some time to be on top again. 

website_beacon
Community Member

Hello Atiq U,

I am also finding myself in the same position you are. It is undoubtedly frustrating. I have had 60 connects and used all, but 14 of them. I put in a proposal for a writing gig, but they wanted to pay $7 an hour and that is simply not substantial when you factor in the UpWork fees they take out and the amount of work they wanted. I hope you are able to get connected with a gig soon. 

Kind regards, 

Coreen J

Thankyou.

You're right. Quality work worth more then peanuts.

I put in a proposal for a writing gig, but they wanted to pay $7 an hour and that is simply not substantial when you factor in the UpWork fees they take out and the amount of work they wanted.

Don't apply for jobs that are beneath your worth.  If you do, you're saying it's ok to pay $7 an hour.  If no one applies, the client will get the message.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members