Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to send message to a prospective client

amrutha_valli
Amrutha V Member Since: Sep 19, 2016
1 of 9

Hi,

I am new to Upwork registered as freelancer recently.

I have applied for couple of jobs.  Clients have not yet selected & has not sent me invitation for interview.

I would like to know the way to send a message to the clients who has posted the jobs.

Thanks & Regards,

Amrutha

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 9

@Amrutha V wrote:

Hi,

I have applied for couple of jobs.  Clients have not yet selected & has not sent me invitation for interview.

I would like to know the way to send a message to the clients who has posted the jobs.

Thanks & Regards,

Amrutha

The client has to initiate contact first through an interview.   You can't contact them directly.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
ailish_d
Community Leader
Ailish D Member Since: Jun 19, 2016
3 of 9

Hi Amrutha

You are not guaranteed to get interviews, or even a reply to any job you bid for. In fact, I would go as far as to say that the majority of jobs applied for will never yield a response.

I don't know if others would agree with me, but I personally don't think that contacting the client after you have bid on a job is a good idea.

Just keep bidding, and as long as your cover letters and profile are good you will get jobs eventually.

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
4 of 9

@Amrutha V wrote:

Hi,

Thanks & Regards,

Amrutha

You send the message by way of crafting a spectacular proposal. If they like your style and your qualifications and/or profile they'll contact you. Even if they do like you, they might go with someone else. That's freelancer life for ya. 

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
5 of 9

And by the way. You mention 'our' and purple apple systems in your bio...are you an agency or an independent contractor? 

mtgprocessor
Rahul T Member Since: Sep 24, 2017
6 of 9
Buy connections and keep biding message I need discuss something.
bhattasarika
Sarika B Member Since: May 11, 2020
7 of 9
When the client says, "send this word (for example : WATER) when you went through this post and want to do this job" in their job posting , how to response that? I have sent the proposal but I didn't see any "direct contact" thing with the client before approval.
11f7a755
Ace Contributor
Zeeshan M Member Since: Apr 30, 2020
8 of 9

Sarika B wrote:
When the client says, "send this word (for example : WATER) when you went through this post and want to do this job" in their job posting , how to response that? I have sent the proposal but I didn't see any "direct contact" thing with the client before approval.

You have to mention the word "WATER" somewhere in the proposal to let the client know you went over the description thoroughly. There is no direct contact initiated from your end.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
9 of 9

Sarika B wrote:

There is no direct contact between client and freelancer until a client replies to a freelancer's proposal and invites them to interview.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS