🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How upwork converts usd to other currency?
Page options
00fd7a51
Community Member

How upwork converts usd to other currency?

Hi, when I tried to withdraw my funds today. I noticed that the last exchange rate is 90.6500 USD/BDT (As of July 13, 2022, 12:06 +0900)

But according to google, the correct exchange rate is 93.36 USD/BDT. Well, I know that the exchange rate updates every single day. But after digging further, the exchange rate was 93 for around 15 days+. So I am wondering where Upwork gets the data and how it updates the rate. I know the difference isn't much, but it's bugging me a bit. For reference, please see the attachment.

If anyone has any idea about this, please share. Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Syeda Fatema Zaman,

The exchange rate used when you withdraw your funds is provided by our payment processor and this is not something Upwork can control. Since exchange rates constantly change throughout any given day, the rate you received is the rate offered by our bank at the time your specific transaction was processed.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Syeda Fatema Zaman,

The exchange rate used when you withdraw your funds is provided by our payment processor and this is not something Upwork can control. Since exchange rates constantly change throughout any given day, the rate you received is the rate offered by our bank at the time your specific transaction was processed.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members