cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I am trying to find some work on upwork since an year but can't get any...

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
11 of 15

re: "only thing matter to client is your portfolio and experience as simple as that."

Rahul:

You might be able to say that the only thing that SHOULD matter is your portfolio and experience.

You might say that the only that matters TO YOU is your portfolio and experience.

But in real life, the profile photo DOES MATTER.

My profile photo is very carefully designed, chosen and cropped. It gives me a competetive advantage and helps me to attract the kinds of clients that I want.

YOUR profile photo is very good, and gives you a competitive advantage over other contractors in your field.

The original poster's profile photo is wrong for him because it sends the wrong message and may turn clients away from looking further into his qualifications.

What if the original poster's photo truly DOES NOT MATTER to 70% of potential clients?

From your perspective, that's the way it should be, right? That's good, right?

But that means that for those 30% of potential clients WITH MONEY and with jobs, the original poster is losing out simply because he failed to post a good photo.

Why take the risk?

gerrys
Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
12 of 15

But I wish you would stop fiddling with your tie...

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
13 of 15

Your one sentence in the overview section doesn't tell me Anything, especially the "looking for some part time job." If that's about the same thing you're putting into your proposals you'll be here for 10 years and still won't have anyone hire you. That's almost the equlivent of people here in the U.S. who stand on corners holding signs that read "Will work for food."

Profiles DO make a difference. It lists your skills in certain areas, it lists your experience, qualifications and expertise among other things. Take a look at some other profiles to see how they are set up and then create yours listing your overivew. Do NOT copy anyone elses otherwise, you will be reported and your account suspended and then you won't have to worry about finding a job here.

amber9130
Amber A Member Since: Aug 3, 2016
14 of 15

Why is everyone being so harsh to the guy asking this legit query? "can't tell if you're being chased by a moon rider" is that helpful or mature...

To the OP, I second the idea that your profile needs to be a bit more extensive. Take tests related to your skills. Add Urdu to your languages, at the moment you've only listed English.

Write about what you're good at and why clients should hire you, NOT that you need money. Clients don't care if you need money, everyone on here needs money! They care about whether or not you'll provide them with a service that is worth their paying for. If you want to work with Excel, write a little bit about what kinds of things you do with it, and what experience you have using Excel. If you want to do translations, write about your experience with it, and make sure all the English you've used is perfect. If it's not, not only will you not get hired, but you aren't fluent enough to be able to handle the jobs anyway. So make sure everything is well-written with proper punctuation.

And maybe your photo could be a bit more friendly, I suppose. There's nothing wrong with it, but you want to look approachable.

hammad-khan32
MUHAMMAD HAMMAD K Member Since: Aug 3, 2016
15 of 15

Thanks a lot Amber for your kind suggestions. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS