cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to find some work on upwork since an year but can't get any...

hammad-khan32
MUHAMMAD HAMMAD K Member Since: Aug 3, 2016
1 of 15

I am trying to find some work on upwork since an year but can't get any work yet.  I am a student and I really need some money to bear my expenses. Can someone give me some tips about how to get some work?

vishal_logo
Vishal K Member Since: Apr 25, 2016
2 of 15

First of all, you should improve your profile. Write good and legit overview. Add your best portfolio items. Do some test relevant to your category. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 15

Muhammad:

Your photo, overview text, skills list and portfolio all make it clear that you are not serious about working on Upwork.

This is not a place where anybody should go if they "really need some money to bear expenses."

That is not the purpose of Upwork. It is not a source of fast cash or a charity.

This is a place where clients who need help or work done can come to find skilled professionals to work for them. Nothing about your profile indicates that your are here to provide professional services to clients in need.

View solution in original post

rolludesig
Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 15

i am still unable to understand why there is so much of emphasis on profile photo..upwok account is not a facebook account where people come to see your profile photo...

only thing matter to client is your portfolio and experience as simple as that.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
5 of 15

@Rahul V wrote:

i am still unable to understand why there is so much of emphasis on profile photo..upwok account is not a facebook account where people come to see your profile photo...

only thing matter to client is your portfolio and experience as simple as that.

That's just not accurate. You do your fellow freelancers a disservice when you decide how you think things SHOULD be and then present them as fact. 

hammad-khan32
MUHAMMAD HAMMAD K Member Since: Aug 3, 2016
6 of 15

I understand what you are trying to say. Sir can you give me a suggestion about what my profile picture should be look like?

Regards

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 15

re: " understand what you are trying to say. Sir can you give me a suggestion about what my profile picture should be look like?"

Your profile photo should NOT depict you frowning.

Your current profile photo sends this message to me:

"I don't know why I'm here. I really don't want to be here. Why are you taking my picture. Please, let's just get this over with."

And I don't understand the background in your photo. It confuses me. I don't know if you are being chased by a ghost. Or Moon Knight. Or what's going on there...

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 15

"I need money."

Welcome to the club of 99% buddy. We all need money.

You know what my dad said when I was 16 and wanted a car?

Me: Dad, I want a car.

Dad: Get a job, loser.

lilie710
Liliana C Member Since: Aug 3, 2016
9 of 15

That´s horrible lolol

gerrys
Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
10 of 15

Not everyone gets an "office" job ... Sometimes you have to go "outside".

Every heard of: customer service; flipping the local cuisine; washing dishes; delivering flyers; pulling weeds; painting rooms; ...

It's called: "being a student who needs money".

Culture(s) of entitlement.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS