🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I can not reopen my main upwork account a...
Page options
Ahmed M Community Member

I can not reopen my main upwork account again

Hey guys, 3 months ago I did a dumb decision by closing my account in upwork by my own will but I forgot that it had some money in it and I'd like to know if there's a way to reopen it back.
10 REPLIES 10
Preston H Community Member

Ahmed:

This is a good place to get help.

Hopefully a moderator take notice and get your situation put before the right support team so they can help you get your account open.

Out of curiosity, though... May I ask:

Why did you close your account when you still had money in it, without withdrawing the money?

What did you imagine benefit would be to you when you closed your account?

Ahmed M Community Member

To be completely honest with you at some point I was just done with upwork and I didn't know that there was some cash left in the account before they mailed me 2 days ago
Tiffany S Community Member

Upwork emailed you to tell you that you'd left money in your account but didn't tell you what your options were for doing something about it?

Ahmed M Community Member

I don't even think they realize that it's closed. They gave me the basic instructions on how to add a bank account to transfer money to
Preston H Community Member

Thanks for the info! I was just curious.

You're certainly not obligated to use Upwork any longer if you don't want to.

But definitely stay on top of this to get your money out. Upwork WANTS you to get that money.

Ahmed M Community Member

I'll, thanks for caring! 🙂
Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Ahmed,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request, include a User ID and email address of the account you need help with. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Ahmed M Community Member

Hey Bojan thanks for caring! But do u mind telling me how do I know my user ID? I know my email my secret question and everything but I don't think the user ID game across me before.
Ahmed M Community Member

Also it says I'm not privileged to message you privately.
Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Ahmed,

I just sent you a PM, please follow up on that message and I'll assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members