🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I can't save my employment history
Page options
kart_96
Community Member

I can't save my employment history

Hello, 

Could someone help me out? I can't save my employment history. When I add an employment section, the save button is disabled for some reason. What could it be? Attached screenshot below. I did try filling all the sections as well. 

Regards,
Karthik 

44 REPLIES 44

Hi Pavlo,

I don't see any limitation on your account that would prevent you from doing this. Would you mind sharing a screengrab just as you see it on your end when you try adding an employment history item? 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ddedc0e4
Community Member

I'm also having this problem. I've uploaded experience in the past on mobile. Now, trying to save my experience on PC and the button is greyed out. I cleared my cache and cookies. Will be trying another browser, but wanted to put this out there if problems persist.

jack_monroe_
Community Member

I'm having the same problem with my employment history. The "Save" button is grey and I can't save it. I already tried using other browsers and clearing cookies and cache but it still doesn't work. Can you help me with this?

Hi Lazar,

I'm sorry you're having trouble saving your Employment History. I don't see any limitations on your account preventing you from doing this. Can you please share a screengrab of what you see when you try adding an item to your history?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0379b6ce
Community Member

Hi, please click on your profile photo at the upper left corner
gentlestan10
Community Member

lease, I'm having the same problem with my employment history. The "Save" button is grey(inactive) and I can't save it. I already tried using other browsers and clearing cookies and cache but it still doesn't work. Can you help me with this?

Hi Ohazulike,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c451a4ef
Community Member

Hello I'm having the same issue, please check attach picture

c451a4ef_1-1707449144890.png

c451a4ef
Community Member

Oh I already resolve the issue thank you

azzaarsyida
Community Member

me too i've tried clearing my cache and trying another browser but stil does not work

azzaarsyida_0-1708150440383.png

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Azza,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. I tried and can't seem to replicate the issue you're describing. I could see the clickable "Save" button after completing the form. Could you please ensure that these required fields have been filled out appropriately? 

Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of the entire page from your end; we'll gladly look closer into that for you. We're looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
51226ea7
Community Member

I have teh same issue I am surpised that This thread is going on from 2022, And still this issue is nor reproduced. I am new in upwork and while Ading the emplymnet hostory from home page where it shown 40% profile comeplete, I can not do it . Additinally I tried in incognito mode as well, but no luck. 

51226ea7_0-1711904315202.png

Hi Vivek,

I checked your account and saw that it is already 100% complete. Please let us know if you need further assistance. We are here to help. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f5da56f6
Community Member

Hello, I cannot save my employment information either. Cam someone please help me?

I tried clearing the caches and history, etc.. and still disabled. Only the cancel button is green the save button is grey. Thanks in advance.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Penelope,

I looked closely at your profile and confirmed that you've successfully added an employment history. Please confirm if you still need assistance adding employment history to your profile. If so, kindly include a screenshot of what you can see from your end; we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, I can't save my employment history either. Kindly help. 

e56113b1
Community Member

I've been experiencing the same issue as well - unable to add more employment history to an existing one, as the save button is disabled.

Hi Martina,

I'm sorry to hear you are also experiencing this. If you haven't already, could you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if the problem persists so we can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
janica_xi
Community Member

I know this is an old thread but considering today May 29th, 2024 the issue is still happening, I decided to reply.

the workaround that worked for me was to start filling the job description first, then the period of time, and doing the remaining by order afterwards (company, location and title). See printscreen attached.

Seem's to be an issued with the javascript validation that is not being triggered properly.

d1e25688
Community Member

How is this still an issue after 3+ years? How have moderators still failed to post a single solution so that way, they don't have to create a ticket every single time this happens?

It pops up on my screen to add employment history [[[ every single time I login to upwork ]]]; I either click "Save" and it doesn't save, or the Save button is grayed out.

Please - either fix your %$#@!, or just post the solution on this forum already to save all of us time scrolling through an infinite sea of "hey it still doesn't work, hey let me create a support ticket and not post the solution" posts.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members