🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I cannot change my profile photo
Page options
dan_hamster
Community Member

I cannot change my profile photo

Began to undergo visual verification.

I was told to change your profile photo, but when I start changing, an error appears!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Danil,

I followed up with the team handling your case and you should be all set now. The badge is showing on your profile. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

69 REPLIES 69

Hi Abdulfateh,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
bonielw
Community Member

Hello, I'm uploading my image to upwork verification so that I can complete my Verification but keeps showing this error "Unable to get a proper response from the server"
The ID is already verified. Please help

Hi there,

You should be able to update your profile picture now. Could you please check and let me know if you still need help with this?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I did clear my cache and cookies, and I used and a different browser with no luck. What else shall I try? Thanks!

Valentino

Hi Valentino,

You should have no problems updating your profile picture now. Could you please check?

As a gentle reminder, your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile name needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Having the same "Unable to get a proper response from the server" error as everyone else.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi Ivan,

I checked and it looks like you were able to chat with one of our agents and upload your profile picture. If you need any further assistance please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork
stranac
Community Member

Thanks for the reply, Andrea!

That's right, Sycar was able to help me solve the issue.

Please, I also have that same issue. Whenever I try to update my profile photo it keeps saying unable to get proper response from server. Please help me concerning this

Hi Afeez,

Could you please try to clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser? Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

I am unable to change my profile picture .

It always gives me this error when I try to upload a picture:

"Unable to get a proper response from the server"

Hey, I am also facing the same issue. I only gave two days left to verify my identity. But upwork isn't letting me change my picture. The save option doesn't get clicked or gives error. I have tried reaching iut for support. But no one had helped me with it yet 😞 . Please kindly help me. I have tried changing browsers and deleting cookies and other possible solutions too but it doesn't work. I need help. I have money in my account. Please help.

Hi Muhammad,

I understand that you are in the process of completing the ID verification request. It looks like you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I am also having issues updating my profile picture on my profile. It keeps saying that the server is unable to get a proper response. Not sure what else to do. It is within the spec limits of the profile photo requirements, etc. And it still won't work

Hi Shilo,

Could you please share with us a screenshot of the error from your end so that we can take a closer look and assist you accordingly? You may also check this help article for more details on how to choose a good Profile Picture. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork

hi sir 

I have tried for many times to update my profile picture but the error is still occurring"unable to get proper response from the server. 

Hi Amina,

Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I have tried uploading after deleting the cache and cookies and also with a new browser but still can't update my profile pic.

Hi Amina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
luis_alexander35
Community Member

Hi, I can not change my profile picture, it says "Unable to get a proper response from the server", please solve this. 

Hi Luis,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble changing your profile picture. Can you try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different web browser and see if that works? If the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to assist.

Thank  you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am having the same problem right now. I tried with a different browser, still didn't work. it gave the same error every time. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Nijat,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble changing your profile picture. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5f7f1bdd
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to change my profile picture.

It always gives me this error when I try to upload a picture:

"Unable to get a proper response from the server"

Hi Daniel, can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information about profile pictures and visit our blog for more tips on choosing an awesome profile photo.
~Andrea
Upwork
3d6388d0
Community Member

I'm getting the same error as "unable to get proper response from server" when trying to upload my profile picture. It complies to all standards stated and I have tried everything I can.

Hi Youssef,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
e5f84581
Community Member

Hi!
I got an error of "Unable to get server response" when I try to change profile picture. I tried clearing cache and cookies as well changing browser but it is still the same response that i recieved.

Hi Blessing,

Have you tried checking if you have a stable internet connection?

~ Joanne
Upwork
e5f84581
Community Member

Yes, my internet connection is quite good 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members