🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I closed a contract after having an unrespons...
Page options
7e9dd19b
Community Member

I closed a contract after having an unresponsive client

Hey!

So I've been working with a client for a couple of months but after I got a new manager assigned I started experiencing some communication issues, which was tolerable at first I guess. Long story short the problem escalated when the new manager tried to force unecessary pressure on me and set unrealistic deadlines (e.g. do as much as u can as fast as u can). This was followed up by several apologies by my previous/main managers and a proposition to increase my rate. I should mention that at this point i have already asked several times if i can leave/have my contract terminated as i've finished all of my previous tasks for them and the employer said they were very happy with my work. They were trying to keep me at this point i guess, since they promised to have a different manager assigned to me and said several times they'll increase my rate. I put in a request about my new desired rate, and was told not to do any work until i hear back from them.

This happened 14-15 days ago, and since they didn't get back to me I asked one of the managers if they can please end my contract. I didn't receive a response for about 3 hours, which i know isn't too long but i was a bit frustrated at this point, so I googled a bit about terms and conditions around contracts and realised I can end the contract myself, so I did. However, after further investigation it seemed that this is not a good practice, so I'm a bit concerned now. It also happened that the employer responded in the end (a bit after i cancelled the contract and told them they shouldn't worry about it anymore). They apologised saying they've had some personal issues so they couldn't attend to me, and that they'll try to take care of the contract. So i'm feeling a bit bad/confused about the whole situation.

My question is how badly can cancelling the contract myself affect me given the circumstances, and is there anything I can do to remedy a bad outcome? Currently it says that they haven't given me any feedback. I've read that it can take up to several days for the actual feedback to show, but i'm not too sure how up-to-date is the information I read.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Momchil T wrote:

My question is how badly can cancelling the contract myself affect me given the circumstances, and is there anything I can do to remedy a bad outcome?

Ending a contract only has any negative effect if the client leaves poor feedback. So the client not leaving feedback may well work in your favour here. Just leave it be and don't communicate unless the client contacts you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Momchil T wrote:

My question is how badly can cancelling the contract myself affect me given the circumstances, and is there anything I can do to remedy a bad outcome?

Ending a contract only has any negative effect if the client leaves poor feedback. So the client not leaving feedback may well work in your favour here. Just leave it be and don't communicate unless the client contacts you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members