cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I deleted my client account, but it now I cannot access my freelancer account. When I try to log ba

India H Member Since: Feb 23, 2018
1 of 11

I deleted my client account, but it now I cannot access my freelancer account.  When I try to log back in with my email, it says username not found but when I try to sign up with the same email it says accounts already exists. Please see the attached images for reference

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 11

Yes, you actually closed your entire account, not just the client side...

DO NOT try to sign up again. I’ll flag your post, a moderator can pop along and get Support to revive your account and then close just the client side, so you end up with what you meant to do in the first place.

Des F Member Since: May 4, 2018
3 of 11

HELP!

I also did the same thing. I deleted my client account and now I cannot access my freelance account. Whenever I log in, it says "incorrect username or password". Can you help me retrieve my freelancer account, please? Thank you so much. 

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
4 of 11

Hi Des,

I'll have a member of the team reach out to you via an email ticket to assist you with re-opening your freelancer account, thanks!

~Nina
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
5 of 11

Hi India,

We have already reopened your previous account but only the freelancer aspect of it, so the client side will remain closed as was your original intention. Also as Petra already mentioned, since user's are allowed to have only one account on Upwork, we'll be happy to close the new one that you've just created since your previous account has been restored.

~Nina
Paramvir S Member Since: Jan 30, 2019
6 of 11

Hi

one of my friend whose account id is **Edited for Community Guidelines** is also facing same problem. while login try it says account do not exits. can you please check this asap.

Regards

Paramvir

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 11

Hi Paramvir,

Please ask your friend to try and log in now, thank you.

Untitled
Himanshu C Member Since: Oct 27, 2017
8 of 11

Hey, 

One of my friend did the same mistake - deleted his client account and now he can't access the freelancer account either.  Could you please help me recover his freelancer account?
Not sure how to provide the associated email address without violating the community guidelines.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Himanshu

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 11

Hi Himanshu,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address associated with your friend's account. I'll check that and assist accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Irina S Member Since: Dec 9, 2019
10 of 11

Hello,
could you help me, I ran into a similar problem on my other account

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS