🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I have a LLC in US, for design and marketing ...
Page options
alicela
Community Member

I have a LLC in US, for design and marketing works, but not living in there.

Hello everyone,

I have an LLC in Claymont, DE. It's just for design works which I get from US customers. I have a business address, phone number, and bank account. All are in the US. But I'm not living in the US. How can I change my current account location to the US? I provided all the information like Legal name, EIN number and addresses. But verifying ID part is a bit complicated. Because I have only a business certificate. Not a state ID or something they asked. 

I'm stuck, anyone wants to help? 🙂 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I switch back to my current location. You just saved my freelance career.  Thank you Preston! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ali:

Your Upwork profile location needs to be where you physically live. It is not based on LLC filings. You will get your account suspended if you handle this incorrectly. Please work with Customer Support to change your location on your profile page if you want to be able to pass identification protocols.

I switch back to my current location. You just saved my freelance career.  Thank you Preston! 

petra_r
Community Member

Ali Can E wrote:

I have an LLC in Claymont, DE. It's just for design works which I get from US customers. I have a business address, phone number, and bank account. All are in the US. But I'm not living in the US. How can I change my current account location to the US?

Are you physically located in the USA and live there? With all the paperwork that allows you to with in the USA? If not, you must not set your profile location as USA, that would be untrue (your profile location must be where you personally live) and can get your account suspended for location-lying and giving false details.

alicela
Community Member

Thank you so much. I thought paying tax in US is works for this 😞  

Ali Can E wrote:

Thank you so much. I thought paying tax in US is works for this 😞  

No. Many people living outside the US have to pay taxes in their country of residence and the US. Check out the relevant double taxation treaties and thresholds. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members