🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I have provided all types of tax information ...
Page options
cb11684b
Community Member

I have provided all types of tax information and all three sections of tax information are complete,

When I created the account I gave tax information and that time it was showing in my account it is complete but now I am constantly receiving emails for tax information and today a notification came in my account will this cause any problem in my account what should I do Should? Although in the image you will see I have given all types of tax information and it is showing all complete

I mainly want to know if there will be any problem in my account and what should I do because of this notification.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Aleya,

If you previously completed a version of the W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E that did not include a statement of source, you’ll see a separate Statement of source section. You may complete this separately without redoing the entire form. To do so:

1. Go to Settings > Tax Information > Statement of source
  2. Review the information and select the box to certify

You’ll see a “Completed” label beside the section after you complete it.

If you completed the Statement of source as part of your W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E certification already, you will not see a separate Statement of source section.

If you redo your W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E, you will no longer see a Statement of source section, since a statement of source is now included within the Tax identification number section. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Aleya,

If you previously completed a version of the W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E that did not include a statement of source, you’ll see a separate Statement of source section. You may complete this separately without redoing the entire form. To do so:

1. Go to Settings > Tax Information > Statement of source
  2. Review the information and select the box to certify

You’ll see a “Completed” label beside the section after you complete it.

If you completed the Statement of source as part of your W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E certification already, you will not see a separate Statement of source section.

If you redo your W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E, you will no longer see a Statement of source section, since a statement of source is now included within the Tax identification number section. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members