🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I'm done with a job and I wonder where I send...
Page options
imagixsolutions
Community Member

I'm done with a job and I wonder where I send the file?

Hi! I'm used to work mostly with fixed price contracts. I didn't work since several month on Upwork and I just finished a hourly job and I wonder where I can send the files to my client. 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Karl,

You can use Messages to send the files to your client or you could also choose to use a file-sharing optionWe currently support Google Drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer, and OneDrive. Since it's an Hourly Contract, your client will be invoiced based on the Work Diary instead of your submissions like on a Fixed Price Contract.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Karl,

You can use Messages to send the files to your client or you could also choose to use a file-sharing optionWe currently support Google Drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer, and OneDrive. Since it's an Hourly Contract, your client will be invoiced based on the Work Diary instead of your submissions like on a Fixed Price Contract.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea! Thank you for your answer. Have a nice day!

prestonhunter
Community Member

If you don't have any other arrangements, then you can simply send the files using the Upwork Messages tool. There is a paperclip icon that will allow you to attach files.

It may be most effective to send a zip archive.

But keep in mind that Upwork Messages tool is not a dedicated file transfer tool. Files that are too large and files that are of certain file types can be damaged by transferring through this tool. If you have a lot of files to transfer, it is better to use a dedicated file transfer tool such as FTP or Dropbox.

This was an hourly contract. So there is not "Submit Work and Request Payment" button. The important thing is that you get those files sent to the client. Because those files belong to the client.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members