Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm newbie

caroescarlata
Carolina M Member Since: Aug 12, 2016
1 of 11

Hello community

I am new in the platform. I have sent several proposal and I just received a positive interview. However the client doesn't have payment confirmation and it seems is member just this week. I already translated a document for them and they already send me another document for translate but on my profile I do not have active jobs. Only proposals. How do I know this is an effective job in process?

Thanks a ton for your help, I'm trying to familiarize with the platform. 

Smiley Happy

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 11

If it isn't listed under "My Jobs', you don't have a job.  You are being scammed into working for free.  Don't do anything else for this "client" until and unless they send a job offer and you accept and they're payment is verified.

caroescarlata
3 of 11

WOW! I was right though! thanks so much for your quick answer and is so sad these kind of things happening. Thanks again for your cooperation. Have a great weekend.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 11

You will find that real customers will pay you for 1 milestone and if they like you, they will continue. If it doesn't work out, no hard feelings. You both move on.

lysis10
Community Guru
BEST ANSWER
5 of 11

He's scamming you.

I fell for this way wayy back when I was a wee noob. The ol' "Can you do 1 for me to see if you're the right fit." Then, came back and asked for another.

These people are trash. Only do paid tests.

View solution in original post

caroescarlata
6 of 11
Spoiler

Smiley Frustrated I was suspecting that. I lost 1 hour translating a document and I was thinking about that. Well, As Franks sign "That's life"

Thanks for your quick answer Smiley Happy

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
7 of 11

Flag the job posting as "requesting free work", too.

caroescarlata
8 of 11

This guy contacted me again by message saying that I need to check the document I sent to him because he marked some comments for me. I told him that I should not release any work until it is funded.Ant that was he answered to me:

HAVE TO RELEASE PAYMENT IN ORDER TO APPEAR THERE! 

How to pay something that is not done properly.
Revise the translation, and will send payment after I get the CORRECT TRANSLATION!

His profile looks empty, not photo, no information at all and nothing. I already flag him and blocked. How this kind of people can do this?

lysis10
Community Guru
9 of 11

Because I got a lot of free time on my hands, I'd probably take the PDF and like scramble it to make it really bad and then send it back with a note that you followed his directions.

caroescarlata
10 of 11

Smiley Very Happy that's probably a fair answer right? haha I learned the lesson and I will take care more from the upcoming contacts.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS