🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I need help in reactivating closed account
Page options
dlaborte
Community Member

I need help in reactivating closed account

Hi,

My name is Dorothy. I have been here since 2013 (I started with Elance).

Today, I received an email that my account has been closed, effectively immediately. I have never violated Upwork's Terms and Conditions and would like to ask for your help in reactivating my account.

Sorry, I had to sign up as a new member to be able to get in touch with you.

7 REPLIES 7
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dorothy, 

I was unable to locate an old account with the same information as this new account where you are posting from. I can also see that this account was closed. If you're still able to read your thread, please reach out to us through our different support channels so that we can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Sorry I had to deactivate the new account I created previously. I was afraid that I will get banned from using Upwork. Anyway, this is the new account I just created. The full name should match with my old account.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Dorothy

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dorothy, 

I would recommend that you continue communicating with the team through your open ticket so that they can assist you further with your account issue. 

It would be best to close this account where you are posting from to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service. 

The team will continue assisting you through your open ticket. Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork
e6832521
Community Member

I need help reactivating an account. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jon, 

It looks like the old account's email address is the same as the email address from this account where you are posting from. Please close this account so that I can reinstate the old account as requested.

~ Avery
Upwork
e6832521
Community Member

I will do that right now. Please reactivate my older account. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up, Jon. Your account was successfully restored as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members