🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I need to change my VAT number
Page options
mdcm18
Community Member

I need to change my VAT number

Hi, 

My government has issued new VAT numbers. This means that my old VAT number (which is now registered in Upwork) is not valid anymore. How can I change my VAT number?

4 REPLIES 4
jr-translation
Community Member

Marloes D wrote:

Hi, 

My government has issued new VAT numbers. This means that my old VAT number (which is now registered in Upwork) is not valid anymore. How can I change my VAT number?

Probably somewhere in your settings. But before you change the VAT you should download all invoices that had used the old VAT since the system will probably change it in all documents tracing back to day 1 on Upwork.

Hi Jennifer,

I checked Settings, but I can only remove my old VAT number. It says: Removing your VAT number cannot be undone. Are you sure you want to continue?

I am not sure whether I should do this, because I don't know if or where I can fill in my new VAT number.

Thanks again.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Marloes,

I would like to confirm that this is the correct way if you would like to change your VAT number. You will need to remove your current one and once this is done, you will be able to add your new one. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
calebjob
Community Member

Hi Marloes D,
To change VAT number, you must need to contact Upwork Customer Support, per the instructions here. Besides, you should download all the previous invoices, before change the VAT number.

Omegle Chatrandom

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members