🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I need to get a first job
Page options
e1ad427d
Community Member

I need to get a first job

Hi everybody,

I am on  the Upwork a few months , but I did not find my first job here yet. I sent more proposals, but nothing, I has not answers.

What do I need to do , what is your advices?

I looking  for my first job and project, how is way to get it?

Thanks a lot ,

-Jelena P.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Of course, you can get an opportunity while you are still a beginner. This is how every freelancer started! 

The beginning is always the hardest, but adapting and trying new methods is also important. So, if someone has been trying a strategy for some time with no results, they should try something new and seek advice like you did.  

Best wishes Jelena 😊

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bbdebb52
Community Member

- Switch your profile to public instead of private.

- Complete Upwork free academy courses.

- Check profiles of top freelancers to see how they represent themselves. 

- Google + YouTube good Upwork proposals to learn more about writing successful proposals. 

- Improving your English skills might also help you land jobs and communicate better with clients.

I hope this helps — best of luck.

Dear Bashar,

Thanks a lot for your kindly advice.

I will try that. I belive that can be usefull.

I try and learn a lot.

Is it most important to be experience freelencer or could I have opportunities to work as a begginer on the Upwork? I sometimes think about it, because I am waiting for first job long time on Upwork.

Greetings,

-Jelena P.

Of course, you can get an opportunity while you are still a beginner. This is how every freelancer started! 

The beginning is always the hardest, but adapting and trying new methods is also important. So, if someone has been trying a strategy for some time with no results, they should try something new and seek advice like you did.  

Best wishes Jelena 😊

e1ad427d
Community Member

Dear Bashar,

Thanks for your informations, advice and solutions.

For example: I would like to write in English. It is my hobby in my languange, but I want to try working that like a job. I dont have experience. I hope there a way to begin here my a wich.

Best regards

Best regards 😊

-Jelena P.

Wishing for something and working to make it happen are two separate things, Jelena. Having the rising talent badge on your profile shows that you have potential. Practice makes perfect, so if you want to be good at something, you need to do it repeatedly and allocate some time for practice each day. For example, you might consider completing courses that you can add to your profile which will show clients that you have been doing the work. Great things take time to build, but as long as you're determined and putting in the work, you'll get there, Jelena! I know you can.

Having a lovely day 😊

- Bashar  

Hello Bashar,

Sorry for my late reply. My computer did not work and I just needed to fix it. I will accept your helpful and kind advice for working on Upwork.

All the best,

- Jelena P. 😊

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members

Upcoming Events
Jun 25
Crafting Your Compelling Story
Talent Toolbox English