cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I"m getting this "we can't complete your request now" message far too often, how about you?

Ace Contributor
Jay V Member Since: Nov 6, 2015
21 of 39

Jennifer,

Thank you for replying. Once I had error I went to check the job post and my proposal wasn't there that means it wasn't submitted so that was the reason I have to submit my proposal again and it cost me 4 connect and I didn't even got invitation in the interview because tons of peoples have already applied. It was a waste. Thanks for your answer and I am not going to refresh the page ever lol

Jay V.

Ace Contributor
Christopher D Member Since: Oct 26, 2015
22 of 39

Dear moderators, 

This is NOT directed at you. You've done your job and reported the message, and, I promise, I don't keep posting about this to drive you crazy. 

However, every day that goes by I miss another chance to bid on jobs. I've been able to bid on ONE in nearly 3 weeks. (March 21 was the last day I was able to submit bids somewhat normally, and I've had one go through since then). 

When you're depending on UpWork for part of your income that starts to hurt. 

So, have any of you enterprising folks that have dealt with this issue come up with a workaround? Did you do anything that allowed you to start submitting bids? Any other general suggestions that you may recommend? 

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
23 of 39

You are offering free work, how is it your profile hasn't been completely deactivated?

Ace Contributor
24 of 39

Dear Tonya, 

Thank you for your concern about my profile. 

However, I don't have questions about my profile, and I don't want this thread to be about my profile.

Do you have any potential solutions for the problem I asked about? If so, I'd love to hear them. If not, enjoy your evening. 

For others reading that have solutions, please share. 

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
25 of 39

You didn't actually indicate the issue preventing you from submitting proposals. 

Ace Contributor
26 of 39

Yeah, I guess I've been trying to deal with UpWork support for so long that I just assumed everyone knows the issue!

For those not having the problem, here's the issue:

1. When I click on the "submit a proposal" button (upper right corner), I'm redirected to the page where I can write a cover letter. No problem so far. 

2. On the cover letter page, when I click "accept and submit a proposal", I'm sent to a page that says "we can't complete your request right now" or something similar. The reason given is that Upwork is experiencing more traffic than normal. 

What makes this extra frustrating is that the ONLY time I get the "we can't complete your request" page is after I click the button to submit the proposal. 

Plus, they deduct connects from me for a proposal that doesn't go through. 

If this has happened to you and you've found a workaround, I'd love to hear about it. 

If you're dealing with this issue, please post about what's going on with you. 

(And by "you" I mean all reading, not just Tonya.)

I don't have problems with any website except Upwork (meaning I'm not getting constant error messages on other websites), so I don't know how I could have a problem on my end. 

So...who's got the secret sause that will allow me to submit proposals again?

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
27 of 39

I hate to ask this supremely boring question, but what browser are you using and have you tried others? I used to be an unrepentant IE11 user, but Upwork hates it and I always have a problem with submitting proposals and the message page when I use it.

Ace Contributor
28 of 39

Hi Nihcola, 

Chrome is my primary browser, but I've tried submitting proposals in Chrome and Internet Explorer (or Edge, whatever it's called in Windows 10). 

No such luck!

What browser are you using?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
29 of 39

Hi Christopher,

I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing with submitting proposals. I see our agent confirmed a few days ago on a ticket you submitted on April 4. that our Engineering team is working to resolve the issue. I also see the issue is intermittent as it appears some of your proposals were successfully submitted, and I also see our team refunded all the Connects deducted for the proposals that weren't submitted.

Please keep communicating with our team through the main ticket and keep checking for updates. Thank you for your patience.

Ace Contributor
30 of 39

Hi Vladimer, 

First, as far as my proposals...

When I look at my proposals (from my profile), I had two go through on March 21, and one on April 3. 

I've had NO OTHER proposals go through between March 21 and now except the one on April 3. So if they are going through, I'm definitely not being notified. 

Second, regarding the connects...

I was refunded for the connects, but they're being taken away again for proposals that aren't going through. 

And if you're worndering why I'm submitting bids when there are problems...well, I need work, and I'm hoping beyond hope that the proposals go through. I am keeping track of the wasted connects, and will update whoever is supposed to be taking care of this. 

So...has anyone come up with a workaround yet?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS