🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I would like to get more projects and I under...
Page options
haxritsolutions
Community Member

I would like to get more projects and I understand that writing a good cover is key

Greetings!

Thanks for visiting my profile. I am a Web Developer + Designer with 6+ Years’ Experience. I have worked as a Senior Developer in High-level Companies. After increasing my coding Skills, I am starting my journey here now.

I am an Expert and Shopify Custom Design/Development, Shopify Theme Development, Shopify Troubleshooting, Shopify Liquid Code Changes, Front/Back-End Developer. I can fulfill your requirements within the time deadline and will be available for any kind of maintenance.

Specialty in Shopify:-

:white_heavy_check_mark: 100% hand coded custom Website in Shopify.

:white_heavy_check_mark: Shopify Dropshipping website design and development from amazon and Ali express.

:white_heavy_check_mark: Modify an existing Shopify design.

:white_heavy_check_mark: Migrate website from other CMS to Shopify.

:white_heavy_check_mark: VA for Shopify Store.

:white_heavy_check_mark: Shopify Customization and Integration

:white_heavy_check_mark: Shopify Troubleshooting

:white_heavy_check_mark: Shopify Custom APP Integration and Development

:white_heavy_check_mark: Shopify Template Development

:white_heavy_check_mark: Shopify Liquid Code Changes

Shopify Portfolio:-

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I am always available on (Audio/Video Calls). Let's Get Connected.

Happy Coding!

This my cover letter for projects I wish to work on, the thing is I have already spend a lot of connects on projects and have got only 1 project so far.

Any help will be appreciated thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
versailles
Community Member

That's not a cover letter. This is what any client posting a job is flooded with here.

Read this: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/td-p/264214

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
bizwriterjohn
Community Member

Strong. I congratulate you on your work to build a solid piece and not put up a weak one then end up complaining because no responses were returned.

- Remove the "start my journey here".  Why explain to clients you are a newcomer. They will figure it out. No reason to dwell on it.

- Remove the "happy coding".  Immature social media style communications.  We always have to share our feelings apparently, or the sun will not rise the next day.  Take it out, the sun will still rise.

Excellent work. Now, apply the DNA of the hunter.  Wake up every morning and before the second cup of coffee - scour the job listings.  Write high quality letters of response to each that apply.  Endure the loss ratio.  Live with the drain of connects.  Avoid getting into whiner-and-complainer mindsets.  And win your rightful place on Upwork.  At the top of your profession.

Now make the changes suggested and go win some work then come back and share the story.

florydev
Community Member

I don't like it.  If you want to know why I don't like it keep reading.

You know why you kept reading...because I grabbed your attention.

You know why you keep reading after even that because you are hoping I am going to provide you with something that you can use.

You need to think of your cover letters not as a chance to introduce yourself but as a way to show the client you understand their problem, know how to solve their problem, and can do so in such a way that is the least hassle for them.  You have to grab their attention and then earn it.

Please give a sample proposal.

Thanks.

Muhammad Asim T wrote:

Please give a sample proposal.

Thanks.

There's none. You need to tailor them. Each time. You don't send the same generic proposal over and over. Clients hate it.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Sure, here is one I wrote...

You should come with me to Walt Disney World. You may not be interested, you may think, too hot, too many people, too much chaos, too many things to decide, and I don't like waiting in line. If you went with me you would go when the weather is nicer, when the crowds are thinner, we would walk from attraction to attraction, we wouldn't wait in line. You would sit down to watch a show and it would start five minutes after you got there. You would sit down to a not that great lunch and wonder why am I eating here until you realized you were sitting in fairly comfortable chairs in the air conditioning and that is exactly what you needed.

You might think it was a great time because it all just worked out. But it would be because I planned it all, down to some pretty minute detail. That's what I am, I am a planner.

You need a planner.

But fair warning, I didn't get the project.

Mark F wrote:

Sure, here is one I wrote...

You should come with me to Walt Disney World. You may not be interested, you may think, too hot, too many people, too much chaos, too many things to decide, and I don't like waiting in line. If you went with me you would go when the weather is nicer, when the crowds are thinner, we would walk from attraction to attraction, we wouldn't wait in line. You would sit down to watch a show and it would start five minutes after you got there. You would sit down to a not that great lunch and wonder why am I eating here until you realized you were sitting in fairly comfortable chairs in the air conditioning and that is exactly what you needed.

You might think it was a great time because it all just worked out. But it would be because I planned it all, down to some pretty minute detail. That's what I am, I am a planner.

You need a planner.

But fair warning, I didn't get the project.

You don't know that. The guy might be standing at the locked gates of Disney, right now, waiting for you to show up and give him this experience. With even less people and even shorter waiting times. 

I know, it’s killing me. If they would just let me in I would be in heaven.
richardsmith94
Community Member

Muhammad Asim T wrote:

Greetings!

Thanks for visiting my profile. I am a Web Developer + Designer with 6+ Years’ Experience. I have worked as a Senior Developer in High-level Companies. After increasing my coding Skills, I am starting my journey here now.

I am an Expert and Shopify Custom Design/Development, Shopify Theme Development, Shopify Troubleshooting, Shopify Liquid Code Changes, Front/Back-End Developer. I can fulfill your requirements within the time deadline and will be available for any kind of maintenance.

Specialty in Shopify:-

:white_heavy_check_mark: 100% hand coded custom Website in Shopify.

:white_heavy_check_mark: Shopify Dropshipping website design and development from amazon and Ali express.

:white_heavy_check_mark: Modify an existing Shopify design.

:white_heavy_check_mark: Migrate website from other CMS to Shopify.

:white_heavy_check_mark: VA for Shopify Store.

:white_heavy_check_mark: Shopify Customization and Integration

:white_heavy_check_mark: Shopify Troubleshooting

:white_heavy_check_mark: Shopify Custom APP Integration and Development

:white_heavy_check_mark: Shopify Template Development

:white_heavy_check_mark: Shopify Liquid Code Changes

Shopify Portfolio:-

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I am always available on (Audio/Video Calls). Let's Get Connected.

Happy Coding!

This my cover letter for projects I wish to work on, the thing is I have already spend a lot of connects on projects and have got only 1 project so far.

Muhammad, remove 'thanks for visiting my profile', the client hasn't, at best they have read your proposal which is a copy and paste of your profile.

It's not a cover letter...there is absolutely nothing which refers to the project you're applying for and why you're the best person to complete the job for them.

All you are doing is sending your profile without giving any thought to address whatever it is that your client is looking for.

You should be responding to their needs and stand out from everyone else with your response. The message I would get from this is as a client is that you've made very little effort (if any) to read my posting.

Good luck!

Any help will be appreciated thank you.

rafsun_ug
Community Member

I thought it was your Profile Description as long as I didn't reach here.

4.PNG

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members