🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Required to verify my identity but Upwork sai...
Page options
Danishka D Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Anzal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Ngoc Phuong Trinh M Community Member

Hi
I have received a request to verify my ID. However, when I clicked on the link, it says that Upwork can’t complete ID verification at that time.
Please help. What should i do yo be able to verify my ID?
I have attached a screenshot of the notification and the problem.
Thank you.

Hi Ngoc,

Could you try to upload your ID via computer? If you're receiving the same error via computer as well, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi

I have tried and met the same problem. I have the screenshot as the attachment below. 

Hi Ngoc,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you
Pedapati S Community Member

hello Team Upwork! As I have 100% profile completion, it's been a long time for me to have profile 100% completion and had give all the documents and the details that were requried to be submitted.

and this is the link of my profile given below. can someone reach me please. I am also attaching more Goverment issued legal proofs to this mail for in case of any details that were needed to me cross checked

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~011b31929d834ded8b/

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Siva,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process

~ Luiggi
Nikko P Community Member

Hi my name is nikko, i'm from the philippines. im having trouble with the identiy verification. The only id i have right now is an expired Philippine Passport, and my PhilHealth id. I cannot renew my passport yet since we are in an Enhance Community Quarantine (Lockdown). I wonder if upwork will be considerate to accept my Passport and i'm willing to go on a call if ever needed so that they can verify that the expired passport is authentic. this is my first time working in upwork and i didn't know that i need a valid id since my passport was accepted in other freelancing platform. i hope upwork can consider my concern. thanks in advance.

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Nikko,

If you have any questions about the verification and the documents, I suggest posting them directly on this ticket so the team can continue assisting you. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Rohit K Community Member

hello 

please  where is part of setting for sending  (my id card ) for verfication ..

I cannot find it ...

send me link ..

thanks ...

Martina P Community Member

Rohit K wrote:

hello 

please  where is part of setting for sending  (my id card ) for verfication ..

I cannot find it ...

send me link ..

thanks ...

Just wait until somebody asks you for verification. Not likely to happen until your profile pic is a representation of yourself. 

Tran V Community Member

My "Get started" button in the ID Verifictaion section doesn't work. Can anyone help me fix it?

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Tran,

I tried but was not able to replicate any issues. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

If so, please share a screenshot of the error you're seeing so we could check,

~Andrea
Suryansh U Community Member

Hi all,

For identity verification, I have uploaded a government Id card that is scanned by the scanner and has the best quality. Even after it get rejected, I have uploaded three types of identity several times in different formats. The team is rejecting it every time. Can anyone help with this?

MD Emon M Community Member

Take a photo of your NID card, and send them without making any changes. [Don't scan it, cause they didn't tell you to do this.]

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Suryansh,

I see you're already in correspondence with the team on this support ticket. Kindly allow more time for the team to review your case and follow up on your ticket. You'll be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Quynh N Community Member

Hi, i have problem with ID vertification. I choose " Get start" already and then they shown me this: "We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue" 

Should i complete the ID vertification other time or what can i do with this?

Thank you.

Hi Quynh,

~ Goran
Upwork
Bui Ngoc L Community Member

My account is required ID verification. 
I have done Step 1  but can't go to Step 2 (error message shown in the attached image).

I have tried on both desktop and mobile phone but the same issue.
Please support because I can't submit proposal now 😞 
Thanks.
Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Bui Ngoc,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Sultan M Community Member

I am unable to do visual verification. Upwork displays a technical error. Kindly help me get away with it ASAP

Saddam H Community Member

Sultan, It happens sometime. You may wait for a few minutes. Use Chrome browser, clear your history  and restart your system at that time. Problem will be solved.

Sultan M Community Member

I have tried it from my phone as well as the computer. The problem retains...

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Sultan,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members