🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
161da419
Community Member

How To Get Verified Blue Tick - I am New to UpWork

Hey Esmatara

A verified blue tick will automatically update on your profile after verifying your Government Id Proof.

Here are the steps to follow :

1. Open your profile settings.

2. Select Identity Verifications

3. Select Get Started.

4. Fill the required form.

5. Upload your ID Proof.

6. 2nd Step of verification, select visual verification 

After done with this process your profile gets verify and you will find a blue tick on your profile.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Esmatara,

Once you become eligible for this badge, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
diegosoto24
Community Member

What happens is that I have seen that many freelancers have their iD verified and that gives them more chances to take them into account. For my part I do not have any option to verify my ID, I would like to know why? Thank you.

Because it makes no sense to verify anybody before they are hired for their first job. 

So, i have to wait to be hired for my first job to be able to verify mi ID?

I thought that was done at the beginning of creating the account, but i created another and i don't see that option either.

re: "I thought that was done at the beginning of creating the account, but i created another and i don't see that option either."

You will need to work with Upwork Customer Support to close the second account and resume using the original account. You need to do that before Upwork's automated algorithms flag your accounts and action is taken to remove all of your accounts and permanently ban you from the platform.

Now you know that you do not do identify verification until asked to do so by Upwork.

I dunno... he has his email in his profile too, so that's two strikes... not going to end well. 

LOL you know you can't just create accounts as you please?

Ok, to be clear: you need to delete the second account immediately, you need to take out your email address. If you don't get this resolved very quickly, you will get suspended and will never be able to create another account on upwork again. 

ok. i already closed my second account.

Thank you.

75ba963f
Community Member

when i click on id verification which send me on email its say this page doesnot exist

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Talha,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
moien_shroff
Community Member

Hi there, I would like to verify my ID. I haven't been asked for it yet though. But the problem is I can't find any link to get started. Where can I find the ID verification link. I searched in community and get the verification link but It's not working.

Hi Moien,

Please keep in mind that freelancers can't request a verification from their end. Once you're required to verify your profile, our team will reach out to you directly with detailed instructions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goren V. Your Information was very helpful. 

3f61c6a1
Community Member

Hello! Is being 3 business days I'm trying to verify my account everytime I send the documents says I wasn't possible to verify, then when I close the popup is showing this:

3f61c6a1_0-1640257210830.png

Idk what else to do, I'm getting this message:

Action required: Verify your identity by 12/28/2021 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started.
And I have a currently contract in progress.

I tried to contact the support from many ways, the messages I send over the Get Support are not showing on the Requests page. I'm worried about them blocking my account during my contract, or not allowing to withdraw my balance.

Have anyone experienced something like this? There is some kind of a number I can use to get in contact with them, I feel so left alone right now.

Thanks for the attention! Hope I can find way to get tought before the 7 days are over.

Hi William,

I checked your account and I can see that you have reached out to our team via ticket. Rest assured, one of our team members will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
m_rodz
Community Member

Hi everyone!

Really hoping I can get some help. My government ID verification kept getting rejected -- I tried taking better photos of the same ID (I only have 1 valid government ID at the moment), also updated my profile information to make sure everything is the same as the ID's. Now it's being "reviewed" however I think it's been 3 business days. My account will go on hold soon and I'm very worried. Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Maria

UPDATE: I'm verified, yay! Sorry, no delete option -- please disregard. Thank you!

rsbk87
Community Member

Hello everyone, 

I had this account for a long time and I'm using it actively since this month. I'm NOT able to process my identity verification.

> Firstly, I go to the Upwork profile setting and there is no option for "Identity Verification".  (screenshot attached)

> Second, somehow I found the direct URL: https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/ , but it says "This page doesn't exist". (screenshot attached)

Hope you can help me out. 

Thank You,
Rohit

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
rsbk87
Community Member

Hello Pradeep, 

Thanks for your quick reply. But, there is Upwork Verified Badge not reflected in my profile. Please guide me on how to get this badge or need any setting to change to be enabled? 

Thanks
Rohit

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rohit,

Please keep in mind that freelancers can't request a verification from their end. Once you're required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
rsbk87
Community Member

Hello Goran, 

Thanks for me updating. 

Thanks

Rohit

Community Member

hello upwork team, I'm new here, i don't understand how to verify my account. I opened this account 4 days ago. So far I have not been given any verification notice. In fact, I knew how many days after opening the account verification pop up will come?Screenshot 2021-12-25 153944.png

Screenshot 2021-12-25 105052.png

Hi Sheikh,

If you are required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading a non-expired government-issued photo ID and meeting with us for visual verification. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

I don't see identity verification option in my account anyway..Screenshot 2021-12-25 105052.png

7a353edd
Community Member

I can't even find a Verification option in my settings and when I enter it via link this message shows up. Any ideas?

This page doesn't exist

Please return to the previous page, or visit our home page.
If the issue continues, visit our Help Center.

Error 404 (N)
Trace ID: 0fe19ccf-c52c-425f-9713-f4ad9bfc473a

Hi Goran,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
shonda7
Community Member

I'm trying to upload Id and it saying to contact customer support but I cannot reach them. Any help please.

Hi Rashonda,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
manuelz8
Community Member

I tried to verify my account but when I uploaded my ID a message appears "please try with a valid official government ID" but this is my official government ID! 

Then, when I refresh the website It looks like my ID is being reviewed and it can take up to 1 business day. It has passed more than 2 business days and nothing!

I opened a ticket, my problem was not solved and they closed my ticket. They told me to try from a computer, clear cache, I did it and I have the same problem.

I opened a new ticket and I had no answer, seems like nobody can help me. 

I have money inside my account and I need it, this is my unique job, I can't apply to new jobs either. 

If you can help me, I will be grateful. 

manuelz8_0-1640781273697.png

manuelz8_1-1640781464530.png

Hi Manuel,

I can confirm your original ticket is still open. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
francostiller
Community Member

Hi guys, It's been a while since I created my account but up until now I can't see the settings to verify my account. How long does it usually take to reflect or are there any requirement or action needed for it to be available on my end?

Hi Ray,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
4736e842
Community Member

Hi Upwork!
In the last 2 days I did the ID verification but they are still reviewing my ID and my selfie. I didn't still recive a email and it always appares a notification of "Action required: Verify your identity by 01/05/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork."

But I did it and I don't know what to do. 
I can still work, but for example I can't change my profile photo. 
That's mean that on 01/05/2022 I cannot use my account? Can I do it again?

What I need to do?

Hi Isabella,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
4736e842
Community Member

Thank you so much!

4736e842
Community Member

Sorry, but I still see anything.

Hi Isabella, 

I'm sorry about the delay with this. Our team has just followed up on your ticket with more details. If you have any additional questions, feel free to update your ticket at any time. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members