🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
903884e0
Community Member

I have none of the 'acceptable' Philippine IDs that the verifier listed since I just turned 18. And even if I request any of those IDs, it would take me months to get any of them because that's how it usually is here in the Philippines and we're still under a pandemic (plus I live in the countryside). This would be a very slow progress.

What's wrong with my Resident ID? That's a valid government issued ID. Please approve using my Resident ID. 

According to your ID Verification tab, I can enter any 'Goverment Issued ID'. I need this urgently since I already accepted a contract.

Hi Kat,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
6296fed2
Community Member

I tried many times to verify my ID but failed every time, I take a photo of my id card and try too many times but it remained unverified. can anyone help

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your ID verification is approved now

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
katerinedev
Community Member

Hello,

I was verified 2 years ago. But now I don't have a verification badge.
If I should verify my ID again, where is the Verification section in my Profile Settings? I don't see it.

Also I tried to contact a support team but where can I find my request? I just want to be sure that it exists.

Hi Kateryna,

I would like to confirm that your ticket was created and sent to our team, your ticket number is 33562090. One of our team members will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Where can I find this ticket? To check the status for example... How long should I wait for the answer? Where the chat with the real person?

and what about my verification 2 years ago?

Hi Kateryna,

You'll be able to access your support ticket here. You'll also receive an email notification once one of our agents replies to your ticket.

~Andrea
Upwork
1b45f0e9
Community Member

Let me know Visual verification is verified on my profile but for the first step why it take a time for the government verification ID process.

Hi Abdul,

Please keep in mind that it takes 1 business day for your ID review to be completed. Our team will also update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
2c4de057
Community Member

Hi,

I've been waiting for weeks to get my identity verification e-mail. Even after asking many times to your support team, I couldn't get a proper answer to my situation. As you already know, it's so hard to get a job without a verification badge. What should I do to get my identity verification? Could you help me?

Thank you,

Ayse Busra Kaya

Hi Ayse,

I understand your concern with this and would like to clarify that at the moment, freelancers can't request verification from their end. Once you're required to verify your profile, our team will reach out to you directly. Thank you. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Ayse Busra Kaya,

I can help you to get your first order message me privately to know more about it.

Thanks

Husnain Ali

Husnain Ali

Husnain A wrote:

Hi Ayse Busra Kaya,

I can help you to get your first order message me privately to know more about it.

Thanks

Husnain Ali

What??

I will tell her, how to write a job winning proposal and some tips that the client will surely message you.

Husnain Ali
mgaber27
Community Member

How can I send my valid ID picture so I can get verified?

Hi Mahmoud, 

It sounds like you are referring to the ID-verified badge. If you are required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading a non-expired government-issued photo ID and meeting with us for visual verification. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile.

~ Joanne
Upwork
5c92fb90
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team,

My profile name is Md. Ahsanul Mahbub and this is my name as per my NID(see attached image 1 and 2). During ID verification in upwork, my full name is appearing as Ahsan M(please see the attached image 3). Because the mismatch, i am unable to complete the ID verification in Upwork.

Here it is to be mentioned that, recently I changed my profile name profile name from Ahsan M to Md. Ahsanul Mahbub using the Contact Info setting in Upwork. 

I am badly in need of your support to resolve the issue.

Dear Upwork Team, My profile name is Md. Ahsanul Mahbub and this is my name as per my NID(see attached image 1 and 2). During ID verification in upwork, my full name is appearing as Ahsan M(please see the attached image 3). Because the mismatch, i am unable to complete the ID verification in Upwork. Here it is to be mentioned that, recently I changed my profile name profile name from Ahsan M to Md. Ahsanul Mahbub using the Contact Info setting in Upwork. I am badly in need of your support to resolve the issue.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md. Ahsanul, 

Is this name the one listed on the ID you are trying to upload for verification? If so, it would be best to update your profile name to match the name in your ID. 

If you need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
3e302cca
Community Member

Hi there,

I changed my email on upwork and now I can't login. It just says "oops username is incorrect". I tried my old email and the one I cahnged it to. Tried bothe with google login and via email section. The account I changed my email on is not this one. This is a backup account I have use for hiring and not working as a freelancer. I don't know if I accidentally deleted the other account, I clicked delete my account by accident and then some error came up. So I am not sure if it's not letting me access my other account because I changed the email address or because I accidentally clicked delete my account after I changed the email.

I don't know what to do. How do I get in touch with someone to help get into my account?

Many thanks for any help.

Hi there,

I accidentally deleted my freelancer account, just 30 minutes ago. Could someone please get in touch with me to help me restore it? Really worried. Thank you so much. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Penny, 

I'm not sure I have the correct information. Could you please click on my name and send me a private message with more information about the account you're referring to?

~ Avery
Upwork
1e8f57aa
Community Member

I have submitted my id verification request at 11 PM PST on 3 Jan 2022. Please help me to get verified. Help me to get an ID Verification Badge. 

Thanks and Regards 

Husnain Ali

Husnain Ali

Hi Husnain,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please refer to their reply here.

~Andrea
Upwork
1e8f57aa
Community Member

Hi Andrea G,

But I am unable to see my ID verification badge on my profile. This is still on reviewe. Please help me to get ID verification Badge.

Husnain Ali
1e8f57aa
Community Member

Hi Andrea G,

I am unable to see the ID verification Badge On my profile Please make sure that I have successfully verified my ID.

Thanks

Husnain Ali

Husnain Ali
eaeb2875
Community Member

Hi,

I would like to verify my ID. I can't find any link to get started in my settings. Where can I find the ID verification link?

Thank you.

Hi Mojumder,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
gomez_joytherese
Community Member

I've been asked to  verify my identity and have already submitted a Government I.D. two times now but it keeps saying "We’re unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later" after a few hours--how will I know if it's rejected or if it's just a system error?

I've also already submitted a webcam selfie for verification two days ago but until now it says  "We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day" 

Can a moderator help me with this? The deadline for my verification is on January 9, 2022, I don't want my account to be suspended. I thank you in advance. 

Hi Joy, 

A member of the team who is handling your account concern will reach out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ahssanupwork
Community Member

I have tried to verify my ID by using my national identity card as well as by using my passport but it is not getting verified. It shows that it is under verification and will let me know in one business day. But it has been more than one business day but there is no resonse. What should I do to get my ID verified?

Hi Muhammad,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
ac09afef
Community Member

Hi, 

I received a notification about getting my ID verified by uploading my government-issued ID card and through selfie verification. I've completed my selfie verification but when I upload my ID card it shows an error after that it says that the ID card is under review and it will take 1 business day to verify it. It's been over a day now my ID card is still not verified. 

I've tried the "get support" option but nothing happened.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your ID verification is approved now.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you so much

9f110c29
Community Member

Icant verificate my account in 2nd part.

Hi Dayanch,

~Andrea
Upwork
abba9f35
Community Member

I have uploaded my verified government ID card many time for verification. But it show me the message that please upload verified government ID card. Please help me

Hi Muhammad,

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members