🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
Danishka D Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
Cathyreen S Community Member

Hi, I would like to verify my profile and there was no option or link for me to go through. I have received a notification of a client invitation to an interview. 

I'd like to verify and complete my Upwork profile as I am highly interested to start working as a freelancer. 

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Cathy, 

It sounds like you're referring to the ID Verification Badge. We’re slowly rolling this badge out to all freelancers over the next few months. Once you become eligible for this badge, you’ll be notified when you log into Upwork.

You’ll then be asked to complete the verification process by uploading an official government-issued ID and meeting with us for a short video call.

~ Avery
Judel M Community Member

Can I have my ID verified? I feel like its affecting my chances getting hired for a job. I don't see an option in my profile and I don't understand why someone has to be "eligible" for their identity to be verified? Please help!

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Judel,

Once you're eligible to verify your profile our team will reach out to you via ticket with additional instructions. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Judel M Community Member

Thank you but that did not really answer my concern,

Jovelyn R Community Member

I keep getting this message after trying to upload my Drivers license several times.             

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

Avery O Community Manager

Thank you for patiently waiting as we looked into this further, Jovelyn. 

A member of the team will reach out to you through an email support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Kashyap S Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,
I am not able to find identity verification option in my profile settings tab.
How to proceed further for identity verification. Please help ASAP.
I am eagerly waiting for your response
Thanks

Hi Kashyap,

Once you're eligible to complete the verification our team will reach out to you with detailed instructions. At the moment, you don't have any pending verifications. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Kashyap S Community Member

Hi Thanks for prompt reply,
May I know what is the eligibilty criteria or why i am not eligible yet. As i got reply from one of the client that my profile is not fully verified and therefore i am loosing the opportunities out there. I would really request you to help me out in completing the verification.

Hi Kashyap,

To learn more about the ID badge verification, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Muhammad R Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I've provided my identity verification document 3 times but, it's showing an error. I've only 2 days remaining to verify my ID. What can I do to solve it?

It shows "We’re unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later."

What does it mean?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Muhammad, 

I checked your account and it looks like our team reached out to you already about your ID verification. Please check your ticket by logging in to your account and going here. The same information was also sent to the email address associated with your Upwork account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Johnpaul A Community Member

Hi,

I am new to Upwork.  I was sent a verify my account before 11/12/2021. I have done that for last week but I have not gotten feedback on the status of my account even though it says 1 business day gab. Please can someone let me know what the issues are?

Hi Johnpaul,

Your verification was approved and the badge was awarded to your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks so much.

Thanks so much.

Takudzwa M Community Member

I am new on Upwork and have joined Upwork now. I just want to verify my visual and ID proof verification now. How to do that? Any help in how to do this??

Hi Takudzwa,

At the moment, you don't have any pending verifications. Once you're required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly with detailed instructions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Shahnila F Community Member

Hello, i would like to get assisted in identity verification.

Hi Shahnila,

Once you're required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you with more details. To learn more about the ID verification badge, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Mahendra S Community Member

Hi I'm not getting the place where I can upload the Id documents, please let me know where I can upload my Id document?

Valeria K Community Member

Hi Mahendra,

It doesn't look like you're eligible to complete the verification yet. Check out Andrea's post here for more information.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Mahendra S Community Member

I didn't get the identity verification menu in my account setting, why?

Spoiler

Hi Mahendra,

At the moment you don't have any pending verifications. Once you're eligible to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members