🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
prajwaljaswal
Community Member

why my profile isn't verified

Send ID Card and take clear selfies for verification

how and where to send

Hi Prajwal,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork

My link to ID verification page is broken. Not able to verify my account. 

76609a22
Community Member

I upload my verified Government id card on upwork. But it show me the message that upload verified Government id card. 

Please help me Upwork Team

Thanks 

Send clear Picture of ID Card and your latest selfi 

I am having the same issue. I uploaded my NJ driver's license and US passport and keep getting the message that my identification can not be verified. All of the pics are clear and in color. Please help since I now have only 5 days. Thanks.

Hi Rizwan and Mylene,

I checked your accounts and it looks like you were able to upload your documents successfully. Please allow one business day for the team to review.

~Andrea
Upwork
a7871f57
Community Member

Hi Andrea - I still have the message that I need to verify my ID by 1/25/2022. I have not received anything today since your response to my post was 1/20/22.  Please advise. Thanks.

Hi Mylene,

I can see that you have already submitted your documents for review. Please allow time for the team to review it. If the team needs more information, they will reach out to you directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a7871f57
Community Member

Hi Joanne - any word on the verification of my documents? I have one more day to complete the verification and there is obviously an issue on Upwork's side based on other comments.  How can we either approve my document as soon as possible or extend the time since it is not my fault? I submitted this last week so I could have it done in more than enough time.  Please advise asap or direct to someone who can assist. Thanks.

Hi Mylene,

I've followed up with the team, they should be reviewing your submission soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
issan
Community Member

Hi 
I also face the same issue. I believed someone will help us. 
Thanks
Isura

issan
Community Member

Hello Team,

Question regarding: Verify your identity.

I have uploaded my identity verifications documents. The status shows still processing.
I was waiting 2/3 days, within the next 5 days I have to complete this process, otherwise, it shows the account will hold.
Does anyone know a way to connect with a human agent instead of chat-bots?
Sorry, I have a lack of knowledge about the Upwork process.

Cheers 
Isura

issan
Community Member

I have published in the freelancer forum. 

soufianouenzar
Community Member

Hi everyone
when I try to upload the image of my ID, which I used to confirm my identity for several websites (Deel, Paypal), it doesn't work here on Upwork
I have an open contract, and I need to verify ASAP
I am open to video calls or anything
please kindly help

Hey!

I have the same problem. Maybe anyone can assist us?

Best regards, Anastasija

Same problem with me too. Active contract and unable to verify Govt issued ID.

twileloopdev
Community Member

Hi I've tried a lot to get my ID's verified but UpWork always showing failed.

I've tried with

1. Drivers Licence - issued by Govt of India

2. Voters Identity Card - issued by Govt of India

All images are crisp clear and with proper borders.

I don't want to play with any more of my secure documents by uploading to UpWork.

Although all informations are available on documents, crisp, clear and with borders under white background without a single edit why UpWork is failing to verify the above documents?

Can any UpWork associate please help me get this resolved?

issan
Community Member

Hello Team,

Question regarding: Verify your identity.

I have uploaded my identity verifications documents. The status shows still processing.
I was waiting 2/3 days, within the next 5 days I have to complete this process, otherwise, it shows the account will hold.
Does anyone know a way to connect with a human agent instead of chat-bots?
Sorry, I have a lack of knowledge about the Upwork process.

Cheers 
Isura

8b8f504a
Community Member

Hi there,

I also have a problem with ID verificatio. I use macbook and  ı tried clear cookies and cache, google chrome and mozilla firefox. Nothing worked. What should I do?

089b9022
Community Member

I have almost the same problem. I upload my pasport following the instruction but I the systrem rejects my pasport and I have know idea why?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us Azamat, Selen, Sangeeth, and Anastasija.

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
3a98a82d
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Could you please help me with the same issue as Azamat, Selen have! I have tried many different documents and still get the same problem. I have an active contract with milestones and need the verification ASAP. Thanks.

Hi Eldar,

I can see that you have followed up directly on your ticket with more details. One of our team members will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bc752add
Community Member

Hi,

I am having a hard time verifying my ID and Selfie on Upwork. I recently joined Upwork and got my first project. Shortly aftwards a message was shown on top :

Action required: Verify your identity by 01/26/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork.

I uploaded my CNIC - the process tells me it can take upto 1 minute and then it fails. I tried multiple times but it fails. The message is now showing that verfication can take upto 1 business day. 

However its past 1 day and its still showing the message and not approved.

Can you kindly look into this and resolve it at your earliest?

Thanks

Asif

c7cf6f2d
Community Member

Hi,

during submission, I entered a wrong Birthday and I didn't know that till I try to get ID verification, and then they told me the date of birth you entered during the submission doesn't match with the date in your ID 

and I can't resubmit a new ID now or submit a request to get help and I'm stuck now.

what should I do?

afaq-mirza
Community Member

Hi

I want to verify my government id but the page is not loading it shows "this page doesn't exist"

Please guide me how i can verify my account.

Thank

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Afaq,

Once you become eligible for this badge, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
juliahc
Community Member

Hello,

I have tried to upload my passport several times but all I get is verification denied. I was looking for an email address to sort this out, but I can't find one. What do I do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi JULIA, Asif, and Mohamed,

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
lexi_smith
Community Member

When prompted to verify my ID, I uploaded a picture of my driver's license with the correct name attached, but the verification failed and the email I was sent did not offer a solution. How can I verify my ID and get the hold removed from my account? 

Side note: the request page doesn't seem to be working for me, so I'm having to ask here.

Hi Lexi,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
PradeepH

Hi Bang,

I'll have one of our customer support agents to reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
ryjen1020
Community Member

Hi Community, just want to ask. How to verified or how to have a blue check on upwork profile? when I go to ID verification Badge the "The page doesn't Exist". 

Hi Jennifer,

Once you're required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly. At the moment, you don't have any pending verifications. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much Goran V. Hoping I got a blue check soon🙏

e56640db
Community Member

I submitted my ID photo and selfie for verification 2 days ago and upto now I haven't gotten feedback if verification was successful. Yet it says that verification takes 1 business day. How should I go about this?

Hi Victor,

I checked with the team and it looks like you already have the ID Verified badge on your profile!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members