🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for your message. Please don't hesitate to follow up with the relevant team directly on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep,

I have followed up with the team and we currently are working to get the issue resolved. 

Thank you for your response,

Mohamed

7779a2fd
Community Member

Hello community,

I am unable to check my profile picture to verify my identity after completed my first job on upwork 

Please I need help

Hi Balogun,

I shared your request with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
531e0148
Community Member

Hello,

I have responded to both tickets that were sent to me regarding the matter. After uploading the documents, I have received an email that says my account was verified. However, I am still having the same issue.

Please help,

Thanks,
Mohamed

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for your message. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review and respond to your request. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
altamashahmed
Community Member

Before Bidding, I need to verify identity as no one will be prepared to hire an unverified freelancer.
I do not have access to verification link.
Need assistance.

If the identity verification tab is not available, you're not required to verify your identity yet. In most cases, the tab unlocks when a freelancer gets his first contract. You can bid on whatever projects you want.

ariellelv
Community Member

Hello,

I have a concern with regards to profile verification.  I wanted my profile to be verified, however, the "Identity Verification" tab is not visible on my settings.   See attached screenshot.

Please let me know if there is a new way of getting verified.  

Thanks,

Azeriel

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi Azeriel,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
liruuh
Community Member

I just landed my first job here in Upwork and it asks to verify my identity using a Valid ID. But, I am processing my Valid IDs at the moment and this will take months because of the new system due to the pandemic.

My question is, what will happen to my current contract? Will I not be able to continue working?

The verification process is only until March 6, 2022, and my account will be on hold, I think. 

Hi Lira,

Thank you for your message. You will be allowed to continue working on the current contract but your account may be placed on hold to limit your ability to continue on Upwork until you complete the requested verification. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
liruuh
Community Member

Thank you, Pradeep. But, my client can still be able to pay me, right?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Lira,

Yes, that is correct, your client will be able to pay you. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, Goran.

80d96023
Community Member

Hi,

I cannot find the Identity Verification tab? What's wrong with my account? And what should I do?

80d96023_0-1646211702878.png

Thanks for your reply!

Hi Hai,

At the moment, you don't have any pending verifications. Once you're required to verify your profile, our team will reach out to you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

It's quite strange to my account. I don't have an "identity verified" badge
but I still can submit proposals. Is there something wrong?

Kindly take note that my account was created several years ago and I just
come back this year.

Please help to check if it is possible.
Many thanks for your help!

Best regards.
Hai Yen
mwabishi_solomon
Community Member

My identity verification is not going through. Kindly Assist

Hi Solomon,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ae7ab628
Community Member

Hi, having issue with wrong name on name field while identity verification on upwork. This happend when i tried adding my brother's account on the pay out method. I have deleted the account but it still have that name on the verification field and not my name that is on the profile and on my official identity document. Please help, stuck in this situation.

Hope someone will get to my promptly

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Usman,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
adelta5
Community Member

I am a five star seller on Fiverr and am having trouble getting the Ridiculous verification process Upwork requires completed. I uploaded my ID document and it was accepted, but the selfie software does not work on either my Fire tablet or Lenovo Ideapad laptop. I am quite computer literate. I sent a cpmplaint to support but they were of no help at all. I uploaded a selfie to them that I had just taken moments earlier but they have done nothing. At least on Fiverr where I have been many years support people quickly solve problems and don't ignore you and let you hang there. I have an active contract on Upwork. I'm going to close it and tell the client to get me on Fiverr. Disgusted with these Upwork people wo cannot solve a simple issue.

i

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Frank,

It looks like our team has updated your support ticket today and they're waiting for your reply here. Please continue to communicate with them as they are the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
jabez0001
Community Member

hi team, I'm currently trying to verify my ID. I uploaded a government issued ID yesterday and I got a 'successfully verified' text under the ID verification option. what's next? do I have to proceed with the visual verification? also when I try to do the visual verification, I get a message that says 'we' re having some technical problems, we're unable to use the camera on this device' although my device camera is perfectly fine.

Hi Yabets,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that you are unable to complete ID verification on your device. Could you please try again on a different device or computer? Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
searchcomputers
Community Member

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Syed,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
64262f2a
Community Member

It's been a day since I've submitted an ID and a selfie. This is what I see. Does this mean the verification process failed?

Hi Noura,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket with more details regarding your verification. You can access your tickets on this link and follow up with any additional questions you have. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
erickillough
Community Member

Hi, my account says that I've exceeded the number of tries to upload my ID and that I should contact customer service. All I can find is the automated chatbot that keeps me sending me back to the ID verification article. How do I resubmit my ID?

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
224d9a9e
Community Member

Hi, I need some help with my identity verification, I chose Get Started and it keeps saying that "We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue." I've tried it on the Upwork app on my phone but no use. Please help, thanks.

224d9a9e_0-1646403912952.png

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nguyen,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
224d9a9e
Community Member

I've tried it, but it still didn't work

Hi Nguyen Huynh Gia,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
224d9a9e
Community Member

Sorry but I still have not received any support yet, I need to verify my ID by 3/11/2022, please help 

Hi Nguyen,

Thank you for your message. I followed up with the team and they have already reset your ID verification. Could you please try again from this link and let us know if you are still unable to proceed?

Thank you

Pradeep 

Upwork

It's still didn't works 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members