🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
ba5ce11e
Community Member

Hello, I need to contact Upwork ASAP, they've emailed me about ID verification.

However, the system refused my Jordanian ID, my Passport, and even my Hungarian ID. The documents are literaly scanned through a scanner and I've checked online face recongintion websites that detected my face and info were visiable on the screen. While upwork system doesn't.

I've looked throught the support center:

https://www.upwork.com/about/contact

Yet there's no email... only articles.

I only have around 6 days left

Thanks in advance

Hi Mohammad,

I checked and it looks like you were able to upload your document for review! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm reposting this because I can't seem to get any of the admins attention.

Hello there!

I think I have a problem with Upwork system, they already got my ID days ago and they didn't update me on it, maybe they're late?... okay? But what about the visual verfication? There's no button or any method of uploading a selfie on the website/app/website opened on a phone

Upwrok Question.png

 What do do from here... I only have ONE day left to upload a selfie?

Thanks for the help

Hi Mohammad, 

Our team will review your ID as soon as possible and will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

thanks for the answer, but what about step number two? Theyonly have my ID photo

Hi Upwork,

I have some problems with Identity Verification. When I go to this page "https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/" to verify my account.

It appears: "This page doesn't exist

Please return to the previous page, or visit our home page.
If the issue continues, visit our Help Center."

Please help me to verify my account 

Thank you!!

Hi Nguyen,

I would like to confirm that this is by design as you don't have any pending verifications at the moment. Once you're required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran V,
Thank you for replied my problems. I'll be waiting for your team 😁

Hi Mohammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello there!

I think I have a problem with Upwork system, they already got my ID days ago and they didn't update me on it, maybe they're late?... okay? But what about the visual verfication? There's no button or any method of uploading a selfie on the website/app/website opened on a phone

edit on photo: more than 3 business days

Upwrok Question.png

What do do from here? Thanks for the help

elenabrustia
Community Member

Hello,

I'm having problems with the ID verification that was requested to me by Upwork.

I've followed all instructions, supplied my data, uploaded my ID picture and my selfie. However, the server states that my ID cannot be recognized (please note that all the info on my profile matches that on the ID, and that the picture I've uploaded follows all criteria requested), and similarly, my selfie is still under verification. I need help, since my account will be put on hold in the following days if my identity is not recognized soon, and I won't be able to withdraw my money. 

Thank you in advance.

Hi Elena,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
b1ce7f4a
Community Member

Hello community,

I am Rajendra Jain, an upwork freelancer.

When i created upwork account, i have chosen a different images of myself and thought will change it later.

But now when i am trying to post another good image of myself then it's showing me verify your identity to keep winning jobs in upwork error

Please do something fast

Tomorrow is the last date of me identify verification

My email on upwork is:

**Edited for community guidelines**

try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser to change photo.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi  RAJENDRA,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
8413bbf8
Community Member

Hello,

My ID verification failed after I uploaded my driver's license. Is it possible for someone to check and tell me what the issue is.

Regards,

John Varghese

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

It looks like you have an open ticket with our support team about this concern. I’ll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
39c9fc05
Community Member

Hi there!

I just won a contract on Upwork (WOOHOO), however, every time I try to upload my ID for verification, I get a message that ID verification failed. It matches my profile, is a flat image taken from above, and has a border around it. I've even tried multiple backgrounds: wood table, white paper, even the armrest of my car, but nothing is verified.

I tried submitting a ticket to support, but it's not showing up in "support tickets" under my profile, so I'm a bit mystified. 

Is there anything else I can do? 

Thanks!
Erin

I have the same problem. Everytime I upload the front, they say "We couldn't verify your ID
Please try again with a valid official government ID. 

I tried different backgrounds and angles. Photographed both passports, and tried with a driver's license, nothing fits, I'm desperate(

Viktoriia, When I went back to the identity verification screen, it now shows a note that my ID is under verification which may take up to 1 day, so hopefully that's a good sign! Will still hope to hear back from the support team here.

Hi Erin,

I checked, and it looks like you have already completed the ID verification process and the badge has already been added to your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Victoriia,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
soufianouenzar
Community Member

Hi
I want to verify my identity with an ID government card. I used the same photo to verify on many other platforms (Deel, Payoneer, Fiverr), but here it won't work, and I can't contact anyone
I have an open contract, and I need to verify ASAP
I appreciate your help!

Hi Soufiane,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your ID document is already approved now and you can proceed with Visual verification from this link

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi everyone
when I try to upload the image of my ID, which I used to confirm my identity for several websites (Deel, Paypal), it doesn't work here on Upwork
I have an open contract, and I need to verify ASAP
I am open to video calls or anything
please kindly help

reinisi
Community Member

I am trying to verify my identity by uploading a picture of the government issued ID card in jpg format, but it keeps being rejected. I suspect the issue is that the picture is modified - had to save to jpg format from HEIF, as it is not supported by Upwork. But obviously the picture is modified.

What other ways are there to verify my identity?

Thanks!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Reinis,

Just to clarify, are you modifying your picture in any way? If yes, please take a picture of your ID and submit it for a review without any modifications. If you're still experiencing any problems after this, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Yes, I cropped the picture and saved as JPG, as my phone takes pictures in HEIF format which I can not upload to Upwork.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Reinis,

Please allow 24 hours for our team to review your ID and one of our team members will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

OK, thanks!

a8ca5df6
Community Member

Hey 

I've tried uploading my social security card, my driver's license and my brand new passport. But none are accepted. Any ideas on what to do? 

Hi Mine,

Our team has reached out to you via ticket and email with more details about how you can verify your ID. Please refer to your ticket with the number 33720685. You can access your tickets on this Link. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I can't access the "ticket" you mention, and I can't reply to the message she sent me. The website freezes every time I've tried since this morning. 
I've sent you every possible government ID I can. If that's not accepted by you, I can't use your service. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Mine,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re able to access your ticket here?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
0c052be1
Community Member

I have tried to take multiple pictures of my ID to submit for verification and I get the message that it cannot be verified. Then when I click cancel, it shows that it's in review and can take up to 1 business day. My account is about to be put on hold within the next day if they don't verify my account in time. Is there anyway I can submit a request ticket to have them look into this? I have an active contract and submitted proposals that I don't want to be cancelled because they're having trouble trying to figure out whether I'm a real person. 

I have the same issues 
if someone could help please 
Thank you 

Hi Amy,

I checked and it looks like you were able to submit your ID, please allow one business day for the team to review. Rest assured, if you miss the 7-day deadline you can still work on existing contracts and the hold will be lifted as soon as verification is complete.

~Andrea
Upwork
0c052be1
Community Member

Thank you so much!

ec36bc79
Community Member

Hi,

I am new to upwork and for some reason the Identity Verification option is not available in my profile settings. How can I fix this? I have attached a screenshot of the options available. Thank you! 

Hi Mehroz,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members