cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMPORTANT! - Time tracker calculation costing clients extra $$$ ?

richard_wein
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
41 of 47

Can I just add that "fair" can be a very vague and subjective word. But here we have a question that can be addressed mathematically: whether (on average) the system charges the client for the number of hours in proportion to the amount of time the tracker is on. And the answer is that it charges more than that (based on Petra's account of how the system works, which I think is probably correct).

[Edited as marked.]

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
42 of 47

Richard W wrote:

Understood. Your previous post didn't include the proviso "If you start the tracker before the end of a segment...". The first paragraph of that post appeared to be making a claim about ALL segments with activity. Hence the contradiction.

There is still no contradiction. I said "with activity and a screenshot" (both have to happen) and that is true for any segment. If there is activity AND a screenshot the segment is charged.

ibrahimmohamad
Ace Contributor
Ibrahim M Member Since: Dec 6, 2014
43 of 47

i started my tracker it was 9:08 P.M, the tracker took a screenshot at 9:09 and loged it as 2 mints out of 10 !, yes i only worked for 2 mints i just started but the client has charged for full 10 mints ! at 9:13 another screenshot and looged another 10 mints before even the first 10 mints finish...

do i have to start working at the head of an hour ?! or am i getting something wrong please someone explain to me.,Capture.JPG

antorix
Ace Contributor
Anton C Member Since: Mar 26, 2015
44 of 47

Ibrahim, yep, this is how the tracker works. And every time I say this, some users and even moderators convince me that this is okay and normal, this is "work as intended." So go on, just hope that you client won't notice.

ibrahimmohamad
Ace Contributor
Ibrahim M Member Since: Dec 6, 2014
45 of 47

i called the support and the guys was totally oblivious about it and keep saying it takes random screenshots 6 times per hour, this was all what he has to say... now i'm in between neither my client think that i'm not working well  and wasting time and also losing my worked time to make them a refun for that time !

gigica22
Divna S Member Since: Aug 31, 2016
46 of 47

Hello! I am new here, and I wonder if anyone can help me install time tracker? And can you give me information does it cost me anything? Thanks to everybody

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
47 of 47

Hi Divna, 

You can read this help article with videos for the download and installation instructions of the Upwork Team App. You may also want to check this help article to help you understand how the app works

Welcome to Upwork! 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS