🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Identity Verification tab is not visible in p...
Page options
8ffb8da6
Community Member

Identity Verification tab is not visible in profile setting

Hi there,

Hope you all are doing well and safe in this pandemic situation. Identity Verification tab is not visible in profile setting. I chat with upwork help center too. But I didn't received email yet. Waiting for replies thanks.

Best Regards,

Arshad.

16 REPLIES 16
petra_r
Community Member

Graphic K wrote:

Hope you all are doing well and safe in this pandemic situation. Identity Verification tab is not visible in profile setting.

Identity verification costs money and the vast majority of new freelancers never earn a single Dollar for themselves, let alone the platform, so spending money on verifying them would make no sense at all.

Furthermore, how exactly are you hoping to verify that your real, legal name is "Graphic K"? Are you trying to draw attention to the fact that you are violating Upwork's Terms of Service by using a fake name as your profile name?

Your profile name must be your real name, as it appears on your government ID. By using a fake name as you do, you are violating Upwork's Terms of Service and face being banned.

8ffb8da6
Community Member

Hi Petra R,

Thanks for the quick replies. Honestly I never type Graphic K as my name. It's on my email. When I type my email it has automatically generated as my profile name to graphic killer. And I request to change my name. My request is under review. Hope it will fix within next 48 hours. Thanks again.

Hi,

Your on the right path, the Name on your profile must match the name on the ID card, etc, that you have submitted. 

Best of Luck

yes, u say right.

8ffb8da6
Community Member

Hi there,

The profile name has been changed to my real legal name. Now what should I do to verify my profile? Really appreciate your cooperation. 

Thank you.Screenshot 2021-11-28 at 02-58-43 Freelancer Profile.png

Hi,

Great, now just go back and click on the ID verification request. 

Click and ask for verification again.

Hope this helps.

kristypepe_0-1638049886297.png

Hi Cristina L,

Thanks a lot for the quick replies. I checked my settings but still Identity Verification tab is not visible in profile settings. Please check the attached file.

Thank you in advance.id-v.jpg

Hi,

If it's not visible you must have a warning on the top of your profile, requesting you to verify your ID. Click on it, it will explain what you have to do.

One of which is take a photo of your ID and send it.

If you don't have this warning, just email support, they are speedy in answering.

Good Luck 

Hi Mohamed,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8ffb8da6
Community Member

Hi Luiggi R,

Hope I can submit proposals without verifying my account. Thanks for the replies. Have a great day.

Hi Mohamed,

Yes, you should be able to submit proposals. Once you're required to verify your account, the team will let you know.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8ffb8da6
Community Member

Hi Luiggi R,

Thanks a lot for the support and advises.

434b0ade
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I am facing the same problem. I have created my account around 3 months ago and still not received the email to verify my ID. 

Without verifying the ID, the chances of being hired are less i guess. I have sent around 50 proposals but stll not received responses.

Please look into this matter.

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I understand your point. Please note that verification cannot be requested. Our team will let you know if there is a need for any verification on your Upwork account in the future.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks for your reply but please let me understand how important is the id verification. If it is mandatory for everyone to gain a client's trust then why not everyone can verify his / her id at the time of account creation?

Hi Muhammad,

We appreciate your initiative to have your identity verified. We’re rolling this out as a requirement for earning freelancers but rest assured that over the next few months, we'll also be rolling this badge out as a requirement to all freelancers. We’ll notify you when you log into our site when it’s time for you to verify your identity. In the meantime, kindly refer to this article to prepare for when it's time for you to verify your account.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members