cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: If we withdraw a proposal, do we get the 'connects' back?

Highlighted
Akansha P Member Since: Jul 6, 2015
11 of 54

Thank you for the answer. It was helpful

Highlighted
B.R. T Member Since: Dec 8, 2015
12 of 54

What is the time duration for a auto cancel for upWork project (if a client doesn't hire any freelancer) ?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
13 of 54

Hi B.R.,

Thanks for reaching out to us. If no action is taken on the job post, it expires after 30 days.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Venudhar B Member Since: Apr 12, 2018
14 of 54
Hello,
UpWork Closes The Job Automatically After 30 Days, If No Action Has Been Taken By Client.

So My Question Is, I Have Sent Proposals 4 Months Ago, Then Why Didn't I Get Back My Connects Or The Notification That This Job Has Been Closed Or No Action Has Been Taken By Client.

Kindly Guide.
**Edited for community guidelines**
Highlighted
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
15 of 54

Venudhar B wrote:

Hello,
UpWork Says That A Freelancer Gets Back His/Her Connects After 30 Days.

UpWork Closes The Job Automatically After 30 Days If No Action Has Been Taken By Client.

I have never heard Upwork say that, where does Upwork say that.  You only get your connects back if the job was closed without hiring by the client or Upwork closes it for violating a policy.  If the job expires, it will also be closed but you do NOT get your connects back.

Highlighted
16 of 54

Hello Mark, I Have Attached AImage. Kindly Check It. And There Are Other Blogs Too Which Says That.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
17 of 54
That is exactly what I said.
18 of 54
Actually I Have Two Questions, in My Mind And I Got Confused And Forgot To Delete 1st Line... I Have Submitted Proposals 4 Months Ago, And No Action Has Been Taken By Client And Those Proposals Are Still In My "sent proposals" tab... So How's That Possible?
Highlighted
Community Guru
David S M Member Since: Apr 24, 2018
19 of 54

Venudhar B wrote:
Actually I Have Two Questions, in My Mind And I Got Confused And Forgot To Delete 1st Line... I Have Submitted Proposals 4 Months Ago, And No Action Has Been Taken By Client And Those Proposals Are Still In My "sent proposals" tab... So How's That Possible?

Venudhar, it's not no action taken by the client, but no action taken by anybody...meaning if no new proposals have been submitted. I'm a freelancer and a client, and as a client often I will get an expiration notice from Upwork that I have 3 days left, then a freelancer will submit a proposal, I take no action on the new proposal, but that job expiration gets extended out further. 

Highlighted
Stella A Member Since: Nov 18, 2019
20 of 54

Thank you. its helpful

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS