🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Immigration fraud job offer on Upwork
Page options
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Immigration fraud job offer on Upwork

There is a job offer for citizenship through marriage from an Middle East country addressed to women from the USA, Canada and EU. The client with an unverified payment method has placed 12 other job offers. As I am German, the "job" appears in my job feed. I am sure that the name of the "client" is false.

Upwork you have to verify your clients, before they are able to publish job offers. If they had to leave a verified address, nobody would leave such a job offer, because he could be reported to the immigration authorities at once. I am really disgusted!

5 REPLIES 5
aocumen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Margarete, 

I'm sorry if this is the case, I'll be sure to send your suggestion to the team for their consideration. Could you share the job post to me in a private message so that I can report it? 

Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork

saw the same earlier-had a good laugh at it.reported of course

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Margarete and Jutta,

I can confirm our team removed the job post, thanks for flagging.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

The job has been removed but not the client (what I would have expected at least). He has now verified his payment method and hired somebody for an academic fraud job. Three other jobs are still open. 

Edited to add: A client who wants to hire a freelancer to commit a crime should no longer stay on Upwork. That's the minimal action that has to be taken towards this person, if not more.

I'm sure everyone knows what a "rebus" is:

standards

standards

=?