🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Inactive contract affect your JSS?
Page options
ginny_somers
Community Member

Inactive contract affect your JSS?

I have a fixed-price project that I've completed the first two milestones on, but the client had to put the project on the back burner a few months ago and hasn't resumed the work yet. Upwork just notified me that if there is no activity or payment on the project within the next 2 weeks, the contract will be closed. I have other projects with this client that ARE active, but this particular one stalled and I doubt they'll be ready to resume within the next 2 weeks. If the client closes the contract before I've completed the remaining milestones, will that affect my JSS? I'd like to advise the client on the best way to handle this for their sake and mine. I've never run into this situation before, so I'm not sure what is best or what the impact might be. Any experience with this? 

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Ginny S wrote:

I have a fixed-price project that I've completed the first two milestones on, but the client had to put the project on the back burner a few months ago and hasn't resumed the work yet. Upwork just notified me that if there is no activity or payment on the project within the next 2 weeks, the contract will be closed. 

It makes no difference because money has been paid under the contract, so it won't hurt.

Let the client end the contract so they can get their escrow funds back (it is silly to tie up funds in an idle contract for months on end) and you get feedback.

Win Win!

Sounds good. Thanks Petra!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths