🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Increasing client views of proposals from the...
Page options
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Increasing client views of proposals from the current 12%

I see five “Active proposals” listed from Nov. 19 through today, none of which have been “viewed by client”.

I see 20 “Submitted proposals” listed from Nov. 10, three of which have been “viewed by client.”

If 88% of my proposals aren’t even being viewed by potential clients, I’d have to see some hard evidence from Upwork that boosting proposals is useful in getting significantly more clients to at least view my proposals.

Do any freelancers who are regular proposal boosters see much higher client views on their proposals? Even anecdotal evidence would be interesting.

10 REPLIES 10
digitalwing
Community Member

I never use Boosts, If a client can't be bothered to look further down the list of applications to find the most relevant talent for their job and is only bothered with those who spend more to get their profile viewed, then I don't want to work for that type of client.

I agree with you, Philip, but that may no longer be the most economical or efficient way to find good new clients.

There's no reason to cut off one's nose to spite one's face.

I am happy that Upwork makes more money as long as I make the same amount or more money.

This year, Upwork has seen the same dollar volume of client billings cross its platform but made more money, at least partially due to lowering its fees on freelancer earnings (to 10% across the board) and significantly increasing its fees on freelancer proposals (an undisclosed amount).

spectralua
Community Member

An 90% more of my proposals was never viewed. I know reasons: fake jobs, bots, scammers. I know why Upwork like it. Nothing to do here, as-is.

joansands
Community Member

I never boost and I do get views.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Thanks, Joan S.

How many proposals are showing in your two proposals lists and how many of them have been viewed by a potential client?

I made 8 proposals in the last 7 days and 4 of them were viewed. I received one job offer.

That's very good!

Joan said that this year is her best year, I believe most others (at least in this forum) have had a different experience. 😁

50% view to sent ratio is very high compared to what other people in this forum have posted.

bilsim
Community Member

We are all so diversified (location, niche), not sure how we can compare our statistics.

In my case, what I can see currently in my proposal dashboard (no boosting):

3 active ones - one led to a tiny job, the job/entire experience was not very nice or rewarding. I applied for a large job, it turned out tiny and client MIA. These 3 were all invitations.

6 proposals - 4 viewed

If you want "anecdotal evidence", maybe try moderate boosting yourself for one week? Something to give you some idea, without losing too much money on boosting.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

I have already tried to use boosting a couple of time, Biljana V., and saw no difference in either client views or connections with new clients.

Since the top four boosted proposals, according to Upwork's own numbers, only see an average 6% increase in their successful proposals compared to non-boosted proposals, boosting doesn't appear to offer great returns for the additional money invested by boosting freelancers.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members