🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Invitation and Response
Page options
rohan999
Community Member

Invitation and Response

Hello,

I am experiencing something odd. But I am not sure whether it is happening with me or others too. Suddenly the number of Invitation is very low. I mean almost no invitation. And even after placing bid I don't get any response. When I had 93% JSS and was TOP RATED as well as, it was same. I contacted with Upwork and they said recently they brought some changes on search Elgorithm. It's became a problem for me now. Can someone tell me about this ?Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
madbanditroy
Community Member

Even though you have a high JSS, it doesn't equate into getting work because clients are too specific on what they want from a freelancer. Concentrate on your strengths with your profile and portfolio and you'll get more work.

Clients now have to pay to invite more than 3 freelancers.

rohan999
Community Member

Oh crap!! I didn't know that. Yah, it's also good in one way. I appreciate it.

florydev
Community Member

In all the kerfluffle over the recent changes I feel like this one should get a lot more hate than it does.  

I don't know what was the reason for these. If upwork is trying to make a level playing field for all type of freelancer then what's the reason for Top Rated badge. A beginner and a Pro shouldn't get same opportunities.

weinreich
Community Member

Definitely. The number of invitations I receive have drastically declined in the past months. Looking back at May and prior, I was getting an invitation every 1-3 days or so. In June I received only 4 invitations. And I just got one today, but it's been about 2 weeks since the last one. At least the ones I have been getting are mostly on point with relevant projects.

I don't expect to receive many invitations because I charge a relatively high fee, plus I have a very specialized niche. But the changes that Upwork has implemented on the client end have definitely made a negative difference for me.

Yes ma'am. I have also been suffering a lot. Because then in past we have constant flow of works but today we don't have. It seems like Being a TOP RATED doesnt pay off at all.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members