🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Invites
Page options
c2f8ba34
Community Member

Invites

How do I qualify to receive invites from clients? I'm fairly new to Upwork and I want to make sure clients can see my profile outside of me submitting to jobs. 

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Cynthia E wrote:

How do I qualify to receive invites from clients? I'm fairly new to Upwork and I want to make sure clients can see my profile outside of me submitting to jobs. 

The only requirement is your profile being public, which it is. The rest is up to the algorithm which rotates freelancers regularly, and a client being interested enough in the first 2 lines of your overview to click on it and explore further. 

You need to make the most of these first 2 lines. Move away from a simple skill list to an engaging and captivating text. 

Thanks!

Cynthia E wrote:
Thanks!

But as Petra said and I forgot to mention, new freelancers should not expect invitations before they have a reasonable work history, there is simply too much competition. There is no reason to hire somebody who has not proven themselves yet, and virtually all invites you receive at this point are from people trying to scam you. 

petra_r
Community Member

Cynthia E wrote:

Your profile is visible to clients, but as you are in one of Upwork's most competitive and overcrowded categories, you won't appear high enough among tens of thousands of other freelancers in a client's search results to receive many genuine invitations.

However, new US based profiles are often the target of scammers, so treat any unsolicited invites as potentially unsafe.

Make sure you never, ever, under any circumstances communicate with a potential client outside the platform unless or until you have been officially hired through Upwork. 

Not only is that usually the way for newbies to get scammed, it is also a very serious violation of the terms of service.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members