🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Irregular activity (Catch 22)
Page options
5478e303
Community Member

Irregular activity (Catch 22)

Recently, my profile was flagged for potential irregular activity, which I suspect originated when I was tryin to review a potential clients Javascript and Liquid Code issues. From my years of experience, I've learned the importance of directly assessing a task to provide a precise time estimate, preventing situations where a client unintentionally imposes excessive work without proper compensation.

For this client, I needed to access his Shopify account, which necessitates your email to be added unless you have a partners account. Although this was initiated before we formalized any contract, the sole intent was to review the site and provide a service estimate. Regrettably, this led to the said "irregular activity" on my profile.

Navigating this landscape is challenging. On one hand, I'm wary of sharing my email prematurely (to review the issues or scope of work on Shopify), risking policy violations. On the other, I aim to prevent undervaluing my services, as I'm currently facing with a client.
If anyone has insights on addressing such situations, your advice would be invaluable. My account is currently suspended, and it feels like a catch-22. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I'm Top Rated.

2 REPLIES 2
helal-mhu
Community Member

It makes me sad that your profile is restricted. But Upwork has rules to provide contact information only after having an active contract.

I do understand your motive. From your side, I think what you can do is, tell your client to activate a milestone so that you can review the website to understand the number of works/scopes needed to be done, and problems to solve.

Once you both agree and review the website you quote the client accordingly. This method only works with clients who are not that tech-savvy or don't know what they really want. Some clients get specific to the point and they have their own budget, so they are willing to get someone who quotes under that budget!

About your suspended account, I am sure that Upwork support team will contact with you, if not yet, you should contact them and tell what you were trying to do!

lysis10
Community Member

No, that's not what triggers irregular activity. You get a warning to stop violating ToS for that one. That one is for weird activity like letting someone log into your account. You know like renting your account.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members