🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is it just me or Upwork's supposed to be earl...
Page options
clavelle
Community Member

Is it just me or Upwork's supposed to be early payment processing is totally delayed?

So I've been experiencing this since December 2021 and had opened multiple tickets but was typically getting a generic response but today I'm getting a total melt-down.

So before December 2021, once funds are available for withdrawal, Friday, I'd always withdraw my funds and would get the processed confirmation email within an hour. 

December 2021 onwards, I would make my withdrawal Friday, same interval but will get the processed email confirmation 11 hours after, so apparently, I wouldn't be getting the funds in my bank on Monday. 

I also tried making a withdrawal on a Monday and still the same, the processed email confirmation wouldn't be available after 11 hours. 

My mother-in-law who is also on Upwork, we tried making a withdrawal at the same time, hers went thru and she got her payment processed confirmation email an hour after but I got mine 11 hours after. So what's the deal?

recently, I made a withdrawal on June 18 MNL time and haven't gotten a processed email yet.

Is anyone else having the same issues? 

6 REPLIES 6
NikolaS

Hi Clavel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
clavelle
Community Member

Thanks Nikola, I think the delayed payment process for this week has been answered by Lisa, and that might indeed be due to the US Holiday but hoping you guys could shed light and fix the issue coz I've been getting delayed payment processing since December 2021, payment processing is always 11hrs for me when others who are doing withdrawals the same time as me are getting their payments processed within an hour. Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Clavel, 

It looks like you're from the Philippines, and many Filipino freelancers feel the same way. I have posted about "delayed withdrawals" in the Upwork Philippines Group, which you may want to check out. If you're not yet part of the group, feel free to join so the Group to read the post and check out other posts related to freelancing in the Philippines.

~ Avery
Upwork
lizablau
Community Member

It's Juneteenth -- which is a bank holiday in the U.S. today.  So payments are a day slower in the system.  If that's why yours is delayed, you'll get it tomorrow. 

Hello Lisa,
I totally appreciate you letting me know! I tried to google it earlier if it's a US holiday today but oddly it didn't come up. You just saved me from an entire day of a panic attack, totally appreciate it 😁

alexandernovikov
Community Member

Let this thread be a good answer to people claiming Upwork provides a terrible experience or abuses their freelancers.

Just so you know, in "offline" world, for the same kind of gigs (software dev etc) it is completely normal to wait for months to be paid. To sue your clients so they pay you. To get mired in piles of paperwork to cover your ass with the contract terms making it as hard as possible for your client to avoid payments. And yet frequently payment doesn't come through.

People who are frustrated and reaching "meltdown" if payment is delayed by 11 hours probably just haven't seen the real world...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members