🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is it possible to get the Top Rated Plus badg...
Page options
824c1c42
Community Member

Is it possible to get the Top Rated Plus badge with only 200+ earnings and 3 jobs?

Hello, everyone!

I've been on Upwork for a few months now and I've been able to get a few clients, but I still haven't earned the Top Rated badge. Yet, I've seen freelancers with only 200+ earnings and 3 jobs who have the Top Rated Plus badge. Is this possible? If so, how?

I've been following Upwork's Terms of Service (TOS) and I'm always delivering high-quality work to my clients. I'm also very responsive and I always communicate clearly. So, I'm not sure why I haven't earned the Top Rated badge yet.

I'm hoping that someone in the Upwork community can help me understand what I need to do to earn the Top Rated badge. I'm also interested to hear from freelancers who have earned the Top Rated Plus badge with only a few jobs and low earnings. How did you do it?

I've done some research on the Upwork TOS and I found that there are a few requirements that need to be met in order to earn the Top Rated badge:

• Total earnings over $10,000 in the past 12 months
  • Worked or worked on one or more large* contracts in the past 12 months without negative outcomes.
    • Must earn funds on a large contract within the past 12 months for it to remain qualified. Otherwise, it does not qualify for Top Rated Plus.
  • Maintained Top Rated status

I've also found that freelancers who earn the Top Rated Plus badge have a few things in common:

• They have a very high Job Success Score (usually above 98%)
  • They have a lot of positive client reviews
  • They are very active on Upwork and they submit proposals to a lot of jobs

I am committed to upholding the terms of service set by Upwork and providing high-quality work to my clients.

I would greatly appreciate it if fellow Upwork members who have achieved the Top Rated status or have insights into the badge criteria could share their experiences or advice on how to attain this recognition. Understanding the factors considered and the steps one can take to enhance their profile would be immensely helpful.

My goal is not just to gain a badge but to improve my standing on the platform and deliver exceptional services to my clients consistently.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I eagerly await your valuable input and suggestions.

Best regards,

Usama I.
Connect with me on Upwork

4 REPLIES 4
f2c765bf
Community Member

Hi Usama,

I was in a perception that we can't get *TOP RATED* or *TOP RATED PLUS* badges unless we meet the criteria.

Can you share the profile link for this TOP RATED PLUS feelancer who has 200$+ earning?

Also, did you contact Upwork Support to seek clarification on this issue?

What I assume is that they might have multiple custom/special profiles and you may only be seeing 200$+ earning on one of the special profiles. Please share the link for me and I can look into it for you. 

ainerasheed
Community Member

Yes it is possible.
One of my colleagues and mentor Zulqarnain Ansari earned this badge. For last 3 years, I am seeing this badge in his profile. 
He might has some tips.

Come on. I see that he has worked for more than 8000 hours, so he must have earned the TOP RATED PLUS badge after meeting the criteria. What Usama is referring to, is getting the badge without meeting the requirements. 

Oh I misunderstood the question.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members