🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is scraping/automating Upwork allowed?
Page options
gearsltd
Community Member

Is scraping/automating Upwork allowed?

Hello,

Is it allowed to create a scraper/automation tool for Upwork so I can, for example, get instant notifications for new jobs, automate bidding with templates and such? Will it get my account banned if I build something like this? Will Upwork have an issue if I attempt to sell such a software?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

For the first example, you can consider setting up an RSS feed, check out this help article to learn more. Otherwise, I would advise against everything else. You (and all freelancers) should be sending personalized proposals to each job post based on your review of the work and your experience. 

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

For the first example, you can consider setting up an RSS feed, check out this help article to learn more. Otherwise, I would advise against everything else. You (and all freelancers) should be sending personalized proposals to each job post based on your review of the work and your experience. 

~Andrea
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Clients can recognize a canned proposal in seconds. Quantity over quality almost never works, and certainly not when trying to get hired on upwork. 

The only thing you achieve is making life easier for your competition - it's really not hard to stand out with a tailored proposal among the masses. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members