🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is that connects are incresed to 16 to 19 con...
Page options
soniakash77
Community Member

Is that connects are incresed to 16 to 19 connect

I have recently seem that my proposal are about to 19 connect is that true? 

405 REPLIES 405

Furthermore, you will not receive these connects back? I reached out to support forum but no answer yet.

celgins
Community Member

Moderator Arjay posted a message, but it does not provide any details on Connects returns.

From what I've seen, freelancers don't get their Connects back if the number of Connects required goes down after the freelancer has already placed their bid.

d9b70cd1
Community Member

Yeah, the moderator replied but that doesn't make sense.

There's no point to increase the no. of connects whether the no. of proposal reaches more than 50

If the connects go up for a project posting where many have sent proposals and let us assume a hypethetical situation yes now lesser number of proposals are submitted. That doesn't solve the problem. The client is going to post another job again and again until he gets proper talent, clients don't care about hiring percentage simple

jessalou14
Community Member

Not sure if Upwork also charges higher now on the client's side, but even the quality of job postings has worsened when they switched from 6 to 16 connects. I can only see this getting worse with the new increase. This is just bad.

keywordadv_aus
Community Member

Few months ago Upwork increased the amount of connects required for "good" jobs from 8-12 to up to 16. People were upset but hey we gotta eat and make money.

Now I can see projects that required 19 connects. This is getting ridicolous. 

From a company with a net worth of almost 2 billions, trying to prey on us freelancers to increase their profit, is just shameful.

They will increase and increase until people start losing their minds and suing and **bleep**. Let's not wait for the connects to go up to 50 for a single project.  What can we do? Petitions? Notify some fair work, consummers protection organizations? Why no one is bothered???

They are not considering a situation if people are not sending proposals to a project either that client will post another and another job or they are going to look for some other option that Upwork, client's look for geting the job done, not where they are getting it done

smartresearch
Community Member

I've just come across a job that I was interested in, only to see that it requires 21 connects in order to apply!

So, we went from a base maximum of 8 connects to 16 connects, to now 21 connects. When is this 'connect inflation' going to end? 30 connects, 50 connects, 100 connects?

I'm sick and tired of the constant money grab by this platform. I've been on here for 8 years now and it just gets less and less sustainable as a freelancer.

I'm  sure my post will get the usual Pollyannas and shills who justify these actions by bleating about how 'Upwork is a business that needs to make a profit' and 'freelancers need to invest in their businesses to make money' - the usual patronizing nonsense. For the rest of us who don't like to be fleeced just so that shareholders can get their cut, we can see what's going on. This is not acceptable.

Now that Upwork has an algorithm that judges whether a freelancer is even allowed to submit a proposal on any new project, Upwork can no longer say that increasing the connects needed to apply is intended to reduce irrelevant proposals from ill-skilled freelancers.

Increasing connects needed to submit proposals is now entirely about substantially increasing Upwork's fee income (which Upwork admitted in its recent annual report to shareholders). 

They've found a goose that lays golden eggs. I hope they don't kill it.

I never believed it was about reducing unskilled freelancers or their proposals. There is an easy fix - reinstate the policies governing numbers, skills, and tests. It is about living off of the connects, period.

I didn't realize we could be prevented from submitting a proposal? I haven't come across that on the site. 

Will--are you referring to the restriction to boost a proposal?

I'm not aware of any restrictions to submit a proposal; except when a job is invite-only.

wrote:

Now that Upwork has an algorithm that judges whether a freelancer is even allowed to submit a proposal on any new project

They don't - they have an algorithm that judges whether you can boost your proposal. 

lbooth
Community Member

I just came across one that was 22 connects!

2297e2bc
Community Member

beacuse I run my business on a budget, and stick to it, I am down to only 2 proposals a week. Maybe that is the master plan!  Charge us so much that proposal "quantity" decreases!

Or, just maybe, only the strong will survive startegy too!

8e482704
Community Member

I have been active on upwork for sometime , at the start I have applied to few jobs considering my niche and skills will be fit for it and that is how available number of connects reduced. Now I am left with somewhat less than 10 connects. And this makes it  way difficult for sending proposals. For newbies , I think either there should be either no connects requirement or less connects requirement like I am having  second thoughts about buying connects when I am not getting a proposal accepted.

I remember the "old nice times" when you could apply for a project for 2 connects only:) Now I don't even get back my connects after my proposal turned into an interview and this is not a single case (they said for some reasons connects are not refunded after the proposal turned into interview), it happened several times:(

nishaq
Community Member

Why did upwork removed the filter to search jobs based on required connects. it was very important and usefull.

celgins
Community Member

Upwork say it's a test to show the Connects required on the proposal details and submission pages rather than the search pages and filter, but they don't say why they're testing it.

d9b70cd1
Community Member

Exactly! There was no point to remove this feature and then again testing this feature to re-enable. Instead of wasting time exploring this, Upwork should look into the matter of expensive connects and how to overcome this.

2d2c7e9e
Community Member

Today, I have notice upwork increases the connects charges on bidding as compare to yesterday. May I know how much connects I have to spend on each bidding now?

b9c2bbf5
Community Member

As a new freelancer on Upwork eager to secure my second job, I'm reaching a point of exhaustion and am concerned about the increased number of Connects required. Could you provide tailored advice on how to effectively navigate these challenges and improve my chances of success on the platform?

Despite regularly submitting skill-aligned proposals and actively enhancing my skills through various forums and Upwork's Academy, my profile seems to be overlooked, resulting in no interviews or communication from potential clients. Could you recommend targeted strategies to boost my profile's visibility and effectively capture the attention of clients on Upwork to secure my next job opportunity?

Is anyone here to provide me with some suggestions on this issue?

Try searching and bidding for only those projects you are experts on

khushbu_gohil
Community Member

Hii!

Anyone notice...today connects are in original value not that much original but 4, 8, 12, 16 still I seen 15 connects job as well so might possible night will be there?

And Upwork share 1% up today as well...means more connects downfall their platform?

khushbu_gohil
Community Member

Hii Everyone!

Any one notice today...connects are now in 4,8,12,16 but I seen 15 connects job as well...

or is there still high connects job are there?

Just curious to know...

Thank you!

I saw many posts that required 22 connects.

Ohh 😬again

Now, saw 23 as well.

lauuayala
Community Member

I recently found that the number of connect required for job applying posted on Upwork has increased to 22.
Can anyone tell me what the happened is going on with me? Thank you!

sahilgupta562
Community Member

The irony is that Upwork never listens to freelancers. There is something really wrong with the upwork leadership.
started from 2 to 23 connects is too much. No matter they are also earning from 10% commission they charge which should be their primary source of income and these connects should not.

Mediators merging topics...

But actual required action they can take 20% fee atleast freelancers will cut from earnings that better instead of applying only and not view of proposal after applying with connects 

keywordadv_aus
Community Member

I just bid 22 connect on a project..  upwork is becoming so greedy

Also due to this reason the clients are posting the same project twice, thrice or even more than that, so just think we we are un aware or some changes are made to the job posting we are actually ending up with almost 60 - 70 connects for the same project

hardikbhimani
Community Member

Recently I seen that connects are increasing by a significant nymber, For example there is a ratio going on by 
4/ 8 /12 /16. now the same job post has a 10 /14 /19 / 23 /25. 
 Now this is what its shows on the same category of job post !

parag2pratim
Community Member

Also I checked the hiring rate is 8 - 9 projects in the last 80 projects I submitted. Even if we assume there are some new job posts are created to hire we can assume another 10 - 15 hirings. But it is stil bellow 25% hiring so this is also very low.

rolludesig
Community Member

i noticed this today and that too for job where client is offering $15 per hour at max ??? this is simply too much....

I've seen more than that.  We are where they make their money.  I've seen 30-40 connects for a posting that has no jobs done in the past, never spent a penny, and clearly has no feedback.  I love this concept but every week it gets worse and more predatory toward job seekers IMO.

d9b70cd1
Community Member

30-40 connects?
Can you please share the screenshot?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members