Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the entire message system down?

jorgensons
Community Guru
Signe J Member Since: Jan 29, 2016
1 of 30

Yesterday, I posted about having trouble accessing the message thread for a brand new contract that I had just been offered. (That thread is here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Today-s-New-Bug-Is/m-p/182011#M104839) Today, I noticed that I hadn't received a single message from a single client -- highly unusual because I'm currently working about five active contracts that are in various stages of completion, and because I was expecting to receive comments on some drafts I'd submitted yesterday.  This is making me think that the entire message system is down rather than just the messages for brand new contracts, as I had originally suspected. Can anyone confirm?

dataextract
Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
2 of 30
Yes. But the CS people says everything is working good. Smiley Sad
katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
3 of 30

I sent a document through the messaging system a couple hours ago.  It shows it went through, but now that I noticed I haven't received any messages today either.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
dataextract
Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
4 of 30
Couple of my clients confirmed me that they can receive text replies in their email if they activated email notification option. But attachments are not went through!
katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
5 of 30

I'm getting a "connection lost" on mine now and I know my internet is working because I'm posting. So maybe they are updating it or something.

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
oquintela
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
6 of 30

Right now the service is not available, but I received a message from a new client a few hours ago (and I was able to reply).

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 30

Hi Signe and others,

We are experiencing issues with Messages and our engineers are working to fix it as soon as possible. Please refer to the status page for updates.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
oquintela
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
8 of 30

I'm glad I finished today's work - who knows what else might go wrong... This morning I could work only because I had previously agreed with a client to enter manual time whenever the tracking app is not working.

jorgensons
Community Guru
Signe J Member Since: Jan 29, 2016
9 of 30

I am continually amazed by how difficult Upwork makes it for us to actually...you know...work. When critical elements of the site aren't functional -- the message system, the ability to submit proposals, the ability for clients to access submitted proposals, the unnecessary flagging of proposals that actually meet a client's minimum requirements, the lack of notifaction for new job offers (and that's just this week, folks!) -- we can't work. And when we can't work, Upwork doesn't make any money. How on earth is this a sustainable business model?

And also, how long has the message system been busted? I don't want to waste my time emailing all of my clients (at least, the ones for whom I have contact information) to inquire about whether or not they've tried to communicate if the messenger has only been down for a short while. But if it has been all day, then I need to spend that time so they don't think I'm ignoring them...

descartes-rene
Rene D Member Since: Apr 20, 2016
10 of 30

I haven't been able to access my messages since last night, for this exact reason. Hoping it's merely intermittent; I've tried throughout the day with no success.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS