🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is there any possibility to block a potential...
Page options
philomenaaah
Community Member

Is there any possibility to block a potential client to contact me definitely?

I applied for a simple translation job but by message the client was asking me much more than that. Basically he wanted me to create an exactly equal document in other language keeping logos and signatures, which can be considered a crime, since the person who signed the original document didn't approved the translation (and that's not the way I do translation jobs). That would not be that suspicious if was not an official and legal document, but it was.

I declined the offer pointing that:

1. He is asking a different thing that he is anouncing;
  2. What he is asking can be considered falsification of legal documents, which is a crime.

He doesn't accept a "no" as and answer and I don't see any option to block him.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

You should be able to block any Upwork user by going into the Upwork messages tool... Clicking on their name, thus displaying a dropdown menu, and choosing the "block" option.

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 5.25.07 PM.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

You should be able to block any Upwork user by going into the Upwork messages tool... Clicking on their name, thus displaying a dropdown menu, and choosing the "block" option.

Preston H wrote:

Thank you so much for your help.

pudingstudio
Community Member

While you are at it (what Preston wrote), you can/should also report that user.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members