🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Issue with JSS
Page options
md_zakirhossai56
Community Member

Issue with JSS

Hi there,

I am new here in Upwork. I managed to get some job and completed each and everyone with 5-star ratings and Bonus for each job (except one).

After completion of 4 jobs, the JSS appears in my profile, and I got shocked when I noticed my JSS which is 78%. Clients who would recommend you was not visible until then. After reading so many posts here in the community, I thought my client might give me negative feedback and I made myself convinced that It might happen if I can't make enough value in the project. But there is no point in giving me a bonus if they don't happy with my work.

And I kept trying with this 78% JSS. I managed to get another job . When I got reviews from my new contract, Clients who would recommend you now showing it is 100%. If my clients left negative private feedback it might not be 100% as far as I know.

I would like to know if there any other issue that hurts my JSS so badly?

I would be more than happy if anyone helps me to identify the issue 

(N.B: I have on contract without earing, I know that might hurt my JSS, but the client said he put positive private feedback.and my JSS was 78% before that contract) 

11 REPLIES 11
lysis10
Community Member

Refund or someone probably gave you a 7-8 score and then maybe someone else gave you like a 9.

the contract without earning happened right after when I got my JSS 78%.So I don't think it is a matter of my 78% JSS.

And if someone put 7-8, Is it supposed to show Clients who would recommend you 100%?

Md Zakir H wrote:

the contract without earning happened right after when I got my JSS 78%.So I don't think it is a matter of my 78% JSS.

And if someone put 7-8, Is it supposed to show Clients who would recommend you 100%?

Oh I guess you had a typo because you said you had *no* contracts with no income.

Then if that came after the 78%, I would say either 1 person rated you like an 8 or 1 person rated you a 7-8 and another a 9.

Then how it is showing Clients who would recommend you - 100% ?

Md Zakir H wrote:

That number doesn't update at the same time as JSS. If you don't think it's feedback, then it's a $0 project either from a refund or an opened contract with no money paid. 

Jennifer M wrote:

Md Zakir H wrote:

That number doesn't update at the same time as JSS.

I got this number a week after my JSS, So what do you think? If a client put bad private feedback and made my JSS down to 78% and after one week it is showing Clients who would recommend you - 100% ?

Is there any way to show the number 100% if clients put bad private feedback ?

Md Zakir H wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

Md Zakir H wrote:

That number doesn't update at the same time as JSS.

I got this number a week after my JSS, So what do you think? If a client put bad private feedback and made my JSS down to 78% and after one week it is showing Clients who would recommend you - 100% ?

ok, it's because of 1 or a combination of these factors:

1) $0 contract from a refund (which you admit to) or one that sits open too long without money paid.

2) Someone rated you down. If this is the only reason, my guess is either 1 person rated you a 7-8 or 2 people rated you like an 8 and then a 9.

You'll never know for sure unless it's the refund only.

Md Zakir H wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

If a client put bad private feedback and made my JSS down to 78% and after one week it is showing Clients who would recommend you - 100% ?

Absolutely! 

Because that metric only updates after a number of jobs (widely believed to be 5) So it is entirely possible that you had poor private feedback which is calculated into your JSS, just not your "Clients who would recommend you" metric.

Jobs with no earnings can significantly affect your JSS.

what if a job with no earnings with positive private feedback? Does that gonna hurt too?

Before the recent update of JSS, a job with no earning with positive feedback was a matter to increase JSS .

Md Zakir H wrote:

what if a job with no earnings with positive private feedback? Does that gonna hurt too?

Before the recent update of JSS, a job with no earning with positive feedback was a matter to increase JSS .

now it has no effect either way.

Thanks, every one of this great community for helping me with that valuable information. It wouldn't be possible without your information. I got my JSS 100% today. Thanks Once again. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members