🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Issue with hourly rate change
Page options
svenimp
Community Member

Issue with hourly rate change

I changed my hourly rate from 55.56/hour to 70.00/hour three weeks ago. When I apply to jobs with hourly contracts, sometimes a message will state that my profile rate of 55.56 will be the default, and sometimes the message says that my hourly rate of 70.00 will be the default. None of these situations relate to previous contracts. I understand that existing contracts would use my previous rate. I've tried going through Upwork support chat, but it was unhelpful.

7 REPLIES 7
PradeepH

Hi Stephen,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with the hourly rate. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork
svenimp
Community Member

I just spoke with a potential client who informed me that he sees my previous rate of 55.56/hour when he looks at my profile. I see the rate of 70.00 when I look at my profile. both in public view and in settings. It is very awkward to have to tell a potential client that my rate is higher than what he sees.

Versatile Voice Artist with 20 Years of Experience

$55.56/hr

Edit this. Each profile have separate price.
svenimp
Community Member

Screenshot (197).png

svenimp
Community Member

That shows 70/hour. I have changed it to 70.00 and saved it multiple times.

svenimp
Community Member

The screenshot you sent was not of my profile page as it appears to me. Not sure what you mean by "each profile have seperate price". Is there another place I have to edit other than on my profile page?

svenimp
Community Member

I figured the issue out. Thanks.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members