🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » It really sucks sending proposals anymore.
Page options
didwaplus_team
Community Member

It really sucks sending proposals anymore.

It was really cool getting my first job done followed by three other jobs. From there, I have applied to over 60+ jobs but getting no feedbacks. I recently had some interviews but the clients playing with me. Message me this day and another day a different issue. I am really tired of working here again. I wanted to know if proposals sent are based on first sent first seen by client. I need a lot of advice community.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
2a05aa63
Community Member

Samuel N wrote:

ssage me this day and another day a different issue. I am really tired of working here again. I wanted to know if proposals sent are based on first sent first seen by client. I need a lot of advice community.

Thanks.

Unless clients can time travel, surely they will see the first freelancers that sent a proposal first.😉

Thanks Viacheslav K

That means I should always send proposals in early right

Samuel N wrote:

That means I should always send proposals in early right

Yes. I rarely send a proposal when there are more than 15.

petra_r
Community Member

Proposals are NOT sorted in the order they are received by default, but by what Upwork's algorithm considers to be "best match". You can be the last to apply and go right to the top or have been the first and by the time the client looks at the job you can be last.

What is considered to be "best match" for freelancers? Is it their activies on Upwork or what exactly please? Really confused...

It's generally how well they fit with what the client is hoping to hire for, previous jobs like the one the client is hoping to hire for, how the skills match and also the freelancer's prior performance (JSS etc).

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members